Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Internet Explorer 8

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by degard
Internet Explorer 8 was created by degard
Hi,

I could post anything with IE 8.

The drop down list "category" is emtpy (see attachment).

After trying to post, their is a message "you are not allowed to aceess this page" (I translateed from german, original message: see attachment).

With IE 9 it worked.

Does Kunena not work with IE 8? What was the reason? Do I have to change anything in the configuration?

Bests Mark

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Joomla default template details : ja_nickel | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 20 Jan 09

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by degard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
(1) Please read legacy mode in the Wiki; please disable the System - Legacy plugin. This is important!

(2) Please read K 1.7.1 release notes : you need to upgrade Community Builder (if you want to use Community Builder with K 1.7.1). I suggest that you upgrade to K 1.7.2. This is important!

(3) The message you are getting does not seem to indicate that the problem is browser-related; I cannot be sure because I cannot find the location of your forum. If you get the message "you are not allowed to access this page" then this has something to do with the way you have configured your site. Of course K 1.7.x works with IE8. If it didn't work with IE8 you would not be able to post messages here at www.kunena.org , would you?

(4) Please read Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) . It looks like you have not defined any categories where users can post messages.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by degard

sozzled wrote: (1) Please read legacy mode in the Wiki; please disable the System - Legacy plugin. This is important!

I stopped the legacy mode: But the problem remains the same!

sozzled wrote: (2) Please read K 1.7.1 release notes : you need to upgrade Community Builder (if you want to use Community Builder with K 1.7.1). I suggest that you upgrade to K 1.7.2. This is important!

I Upgraded Kunena to 1.7.2 AND
I upgraded to the latest Version Cb 1.8 RC2: But the problem remains the same!

What can be the reason for the problem?

See also the configuration in the attachments.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : ja_nickel | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 20 Jan 09

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 RC2

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide the site login details

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
There is a lot of Javascript running on your website that could be the cause of your problems. I don't know why you are having problems. I was able to post two messages on your forum (one of them using Firefox and the other running IE8) and so I did not get any message such as "you are not allowed to access this page"

As it took you one month to reply to our original question and, in one month, there have been no messages posted on your forum that I can see, can I suggest you conduct a few more tests?

I suggest that you create a brand-new "vanilla-flavoured" Joomla test site (it doesn't matter if you use J! 1.5.25 or J! 2.5.2 for this test). On this test site, do not install anything else. Do not install any other templates, or extensions like sh404SEF or Community Builder for example. Using this test site, install K 1.7.2. Do not change any of the original configuration.

With this very simple test site, I would like you to try the same test. See if you can post a message in IE8. If you do not have any problems with this simple test then you should compare your test site with the site you are having problems with and ask yourself "what is different?"

Then, one by one, change your test site by adding the other extensions you have on your problem site. After adding each extension, continue to test Kunena to make sure that you do not have any problems posting messages on IE8. Either you will find something that you've added which caused the problem (and then you can fix it up or remove it from your live site) or you won't. If you don't find the problem on your test site then you now have a site that works! And then you can use this working site instead of the one that you've got problems with.

This task should take less than one day to do.

Good luck
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka. Reason: typos

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by degard
Thanks for your help!

sozzled wrote: There is a lot of Javascript running on your website that could be the cause of your problems. I don't know why you are having problems. I was able to post two messages on your forum (one of them using Firefox and the other running IE8) and so I did not get any message such as "you are not allowed to aceess this page"

This is very strange. I just tried again to post something in the test-category without success (see attachment). (?)

How can it work with you, when it fails with me? It's the same website!

sozzled wrote: As it took you one month to reply to our original question and, in one month, there have been no messages posted on your forum that I can see, can I suggest you conduct a few more tests?

No, there has been other messages with firefox and IE9. I did not conduct more test. Since I was and I am still busy with my regular working stuff, I hadn't had the time to access the problem.

Yesterday it took me 4 hours to upgrade community builder (as you recommended), community builder group jive, kunena 1.7.2 and some others..

sozzled wrote:
I suggest that you create a brand-new "vanilla-flavoured" Joomla test site (it doesn't matter if you use J! 1.5.25 or J! 2.5.2 for this test). On this test site, do not install anything else. Do not install any other templates, or extensions like sh404SEF or Community Builder for example. Using this test site, install K 1.7.2. Do not change any of the original configuration.

With this very simple test site, I would like you to try the same test. See if you can post a message in IE8. If you do not have any problems with this simple test then you should compare your test site with the site you are having problems with and ask yourself "what is different?"

Then, one by one, change your test site by adding the other extensions you have on your problem site. After adding each extension, continue to test Kunena to make sure that you do not have any problems posting messages on IE8. Either you will find something that you've added which caused the problem (and then you can fix it up or remove it from your live site) or you won't. If you don't find the problem on your test site then you now have a site that works! And then you can use this working site instead of the one that you've got problems with.

This task should take less than one day to do.

Good luck

Wow, this would take me much more than one day!
I have a lot of extensions installed, e.g.

breezing forms
sobi
community builder
jms-multisites
sh404sef
acymailing

Even the thought of doing this terrorizes me.

Is there no other (analyzing/intellectual) way to find the reason for.
I mean, it is just about IE8, beside this it works.

Thanks, Mark
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by degard.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Did you do as I suggested? :dry: Did you spend the hour creating a test site on the same hosted platform as your lived site? Did you spend about one hour creating a standard Joomla site (with nothing on it, no extra extensions like Breezing Forms, Sobi, Community Builder, sh404SEF, JMS-Multisites, or AcyMailing) and Kunena 1.7.2? And, does this test site, hosted on the same hosted platform as your live site, work?

That's all you have to do: spend one hour to prove to yourself that IE8 works on your hosted environment and then you will know that it's not Kunena causing the problem but something else that you did. And then you have to figure out what that "something else" was. That should not be really be such a terrifying thing to contemplate. One hour - that's all I've asked you to spend - to tell us if you can use Kunena, on a standard Joomla installation without the JoomlArt template Breezing Forms, Sobi, Community Builder, sh404SEF, JMS-Multisites, or AcyMailing or anything else that you've installed, and whether IE8 works with it there just as easily as you can use IE8 to post your messages here, on this forum at www.kunena.org .

It all really depends on what is the most important thing that you cannot live without: the JoomlArt template Breezing Forms, Sobi, Community Builder, sh404SEF, JMS-Multisites, AcyMailing, anything else that you've installed, Internet Explorer 8 ... or Kunena?

See Which came first? The template or the forum?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds