Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Forum Post Editor and the Profile Editor , One missing and one broken

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by MetroHome
Site is - NetworkCorridor.com

You can use this as a front end login to test
This message contains confidential information

When done testing please remove the user name and password or

Joomla - 1.5
JomSocial - 2.4.2
Kunena - 1.7
JSPT - 3.3.755

This is above my pay grade and hope you can log in to our site and see if you can figure this out and how to fix it.

The post Editor is missing from the site, the only part of the editor that is visible is the Topic Icon, the whole section for editing the text is gone no longer available. The smiley faces we have deactivated if I recall.

If I get you the log in information can you have a look around to see if you could get the Editor to re activate.

I was also getting ready to write another ticket but thought they mite be one and the same issue.

If you go to forum profile the editor is not working in addition to the forum post editor, The Social Icons are not working, the location, the gender , the Birthday, Post is not working, Thank you, Subscriptions, Favorites, Can not find the Signature to add.

Can you look over both of theses issue and see what you can do to get us on our way.

Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Matias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by CheechDogg
Hello MetroHome,

If you would so kind as to give us your forums configuration report that would help out a lot. Only then will one of the Mods or Members of the Dev. Team have a better understanding of what is going on with your install.

From the information you gave us so far I see you are using Joomla 1.5, please check your plugins and make sure that legacy is turned off.

If that doesn't work please return back with your forums config. report.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Looked at the site. Looks like a home-grown or non-standard Kunena template is being used (and that may explain why there is no BBcode toolbar or emoticons - because the template doesn't allow for those things) or this is a Javascript library conflict. Looks like jQuery is not loaded in "no conflict mode", see msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

I see the "Powered by Kunena" link has been removed from the template. Suggest you need to contact the designer of that template to put things right or, alternatively, use the Blue Eagle template if you want some help from here.

K 1.7.0 has been installed on this site. Recommend upgrade to K 1.7.1 in the first instance. Please read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page: your configuration report helps when you post questions in the Support category.

Difficult to say what other factors may be causing these problems apart from the ones I have already mentioned.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by Matias
Kunena template seems to be OK, but there's very bad Mootools vs JQuery conflict in your site that seems to prevent both Mootools and JQuery from fully working.

I would still do as sozzled proposes and try to fix Mootools vs JQuery issue with our default template and only after it's working, switch the template to what you have right now.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by MetroHome
Going through your message now and looking over the our files.I will get back to this shortly. We are not using a template we have only modified yours to display as now available.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by MetroHome
If we go back to your default template that would change all of the hard work modifications we made, this is not a template. Is there a solution for this issue so we would not have to go back in and make all of the modificatiions again to display as we now have it.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled
When people change the PHP and CSS in the original Kunena default template file, that's when they start to have problems. That's also the number one reason that prevents so many people upgrading when new released of Kunena become available: because people have changed the original Kunena source code instead of creating their own, separate, template.

Creating a separate template - one that won't be affected when you upgrade Kunena - isn't the easiest thing in the world to do but it's a lot better than fiddling around with changing the kunena.forum.css (and other) files, and remember what changes you've made, and making sure that you put everything back together again whenever you upgrade. But there is an easier way!

If the only changes you want to make are relatively simple styling issues, then you don't have to modify the originally-supplied Kunena source code at all. You can add the Kunena CSS rules to the end of your Joomla site template and, in that way, none of the styling changes will be affected whenever you upgrade from one version of Kunena to the next. I am sure that I have written all of this before, hundreds of times, but still people are not able to understand.

I don't know what, specifically, is responsible for the loss of the emoticon toolbar in your case. It's my guess that the Kunena BBcode toolbar doesn't appear, when you are composing forum messages, because of a Javascript library conflict. In the end there are clear choices that you have to make. Ultimately, it may be a difficult decision for you: which is more important, in your case? A site that, in all other respects, behaves well but without an operational forum or a forum that may not "look" quite so good as far as the rest of the site is concerned. I don't know if you are at that stage yet but I do think that you have some Javascript library issues that are probably responsible for the issues you have asked us to look into on your behalf.

I would also remind you to look at the posting guide, printed at the top of this page, and, when you post messages in the Support category, to remember to include your configuration report. The suggestions that I have given to you are "best guesses". In the time since I first replied to your original question, K 1.7.2 has been released and, if it's not impossible for you, I would recommend that you upgrade that version. If you have made things impossible (by modifying large chunks of Kunena source code) then, I'm sorry, there's not a lot we can do to help you with the process of upgrading. That's something you will have to attend to yourself.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #8 by MetroHome
Sorry I have been rather busy . You have requested the report and I am providing this below. Just to be certain, the problems I am having is with the forum editor it is simply not there. ADDITIONALLY if you go to Profile there are many features there not working.

If you could take a second look at this issue to see if there are any repairs that may be abailable instead of stipping and reloading a new version and then needing to go to the pains of reskinning our forum.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : new_sapple | author: ASHWANI | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 12/26/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.4.2

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.7.0 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by MetroHome.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
Some observations:

(1) The first time you asked a question on this topic was 3½ months ago - Topic Icon, editor, sig links - and we tried to help you. I am 99.99% convinced that your problem is caused by conflict that you have with a Javascript library you're using and Joomla - Joomla's Mootools library, in fact - and, like Matias, I believe this is caused in the way you've loaded jQuery.

(2) As CheechDogg mentioned in msg #2 in this topic, we strongly advise people not to use legacy mode . Kunena has not been tested on J! 1.5.x systems running legacy mode. There is a very high likelihood that the problems you have been having (will continue to have) are caused by your need to run legacy mode. Please read the article Legacy mode in the Wiki; disable the System - Legacy plugin.

(3) The answer, as we've advised you before , is to read msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

(4) You need to upgrade to K 1.7.2

(5) You should upgrade My Kunena Forum Menu, My Kunena Forum Posts and Kunena Latest

If, as you claim, this problem is "above your pay grade [to solve]" then you may need to consider other alternatives. For example, you may consider the likelihood of working with a professional web developer to resolve the many issues that you have. We continue to be available here, to point you in the direction where you will find answers to the issues you are encountering, but our ability to help is limited by your availability to engage with us, too.

I believe that the many other problems you are having all have the same cause. That cause is most likely to be as a result of relying on a "feature" of Joomla that was never guaranteed to work, a "feature" that props up out-moded coding practices that have not been used in several years, a "feature" that give false hope to those who use it: legacy mode. However, the real cause of your problems lies in some Joomla extension you are using that loads Javascript which conflicts with Joomla - with Joomla's Mootols Javascript library, to be specific - and you need to find that cause and eliminate it if you want Kunena to work. Identifying and resolving this problem requires work (and co-operation).

We probably could have given you better, more targeted advice 3½ months ago if we had seen your configuration report then. I am fairly sure that you would not have had a forum with broken features for so long if we'd had better information to work with. Our advice to you, until now, has mainly been stab-in-the-dark guesswork.

I have looked at your website; I have analysed your configuration report and, this time, I am no longer guessing. It is my considered opinion that, for the reasons outlined above, this topic falls into the category of a "common question" (and for that reason, I have moved it from the Support category). If this issue is "outside your pay grade" to solve, I hope it is not necessarily outside your ability to pay for professional support should you require it. However, as I wrote earlier, we continue to be available to you, to point to what you need to do in order to resolve your problem. If this website is important to you then I trust it will be important enough to work through the issues I have suggested that you look at.

Good luck. :)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds