Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question subscriptions not working

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by gho
Hi,
my intention is to inform all user with appropriate access rights about all new topics and all new messages, this is not working in my installtion, only the webmaster receives this kind of mail.

Joomla 1.7.3., Kunena 1.7.1. with CB integration

configuaration report joined here

But even when I as a user in the frontend subscribe a category, regarding later in the user manager I see that thee is no category subscription. Under subscription I found the subscriptions which are set when I wrote a message.

Fopr me it is essential that the assigned users to a group can be set by me as administrator to receive the message for their groupe / their categroy.

Can you help me please.

Regards
gho
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : ry_channel | author: Heri Siswanto | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 12 January 2011

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Search 1.6.4

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.7 configuration report in message

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please do not use the Example template. Please try again with the Blue Eagle template.

Also, please read How do I restore my Kunena menu?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by gho
Replied by gho on topic Re: subscriptions not working
I did the switch, and see that only the webmaster is informed about new messages/topics. (This fonction is enabled by the parameter tab security e-mail administrators set to 'yes')

But the users are not informed by mail about these, as it should be when the default settings are used as here:

under user and subscriptions the settings are resp. yes, yes, emailnew post, email new topic and check subcriptions box = yes

To be sure that not other components are disturbing mail fonctions I installed the K 1.7.1 to another website, where no CB, and no Udde IM are installed (but Phoca guestbook, fox contact sheet, rsgallery and xmap), this gives the same result.

(both sides are not in the root folder www, but located in a sub folder which is associated directly to the domain name, the use is the same as if it were a subdomain.)

Also I have this additional question for this issue:

I have categories 1st degree, second degree and only inside the second category there are topics. Now, when a user make a subscription to the (empty of topics) 1st degree category, I cannot seen in the user management a category subscription. Does it mean that this user thinks now he made a subscription to all categories/topics inside, but really he will never receive any mail because the categories above cannot be actioned as this ?

I'm very happy with Kunena when I come over with this issue, many thanks to you all.
gho

P.S. If you are interested, I can give you admin access to both of these site by Private messages
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by gho. Reason: further tests

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by gho
In the mean time I installed on a subdomain a fresh version of joomla 1.7.4. and Kunena 1.7.1. , nothing else.
Not only the default params setting makes any mesage for new topics/new messages, also when subscribing to a catégory by click on the button, no message goes out. The clic on the subscribe button for a catégory results in a notice that something was subscribed in the kunena user managmement, but once again no message goes out.

Only when under security I set the param to email administrator = yes, than the message is sent to the administrator.

It seems for me that this is really a bug !

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
Thank you for getting back to us. If you created a fresh site, J! 1.7.4 and K 1.7.1 and nothing else, and you're not getting email out, then this seems to indicate a problem with Joomla our your webserver or something fairly basic.

Getting Joomla email to work, in the first place, is fundamental. If Joomla email is not working right then Kunena subscriptions won't work at all. Although Kunena should work without making any changes to the original default settings, sometimes it doesn't. If you search this forum for "subscriptions not working" you will find that we've had many topics on this subject. Sometimes the answer has been that the hosted platform simply isn't good enough and the solution is to move to a different hosted solution.

My first suggestion to you is this: if your Joomla site sends out emails (for example, what happens when people try to register at your site, do they receive email asking them to confirm their registration?) set the Kunena email address to be the same as the Joomla email address in your Joomla Global Configuration. Try that and see if it makes a difference.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #6 by gho
Thank you for your recommandations.

The mail adress is strictly the same and I must wonder that the administrator can receive - as I wrote - these mails, but not the registered members which should too. Question of joomla rights or similaire ....? No, I set all rights to allow.

Also, I changed the sender mail for joomla and kunena, always the same mail adresse and I tried out the mass mail function of joomlas, which works well.

Therefore I assume that this is not a joomla issue, may be yours ?
Tell me if you use the same procedure to informe via mail the moderators/administrators and the forum registered users ? There must be a different treating, which explains that the one is working and the other not.

I changed also to Joomla vesion 2.5. without any changes.
Can you provide me the kunena 2.0 version for testing this function ?

If I cannot treat this issue, I must change the forum provider, I'm sorry.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by gho. Reason: Joomla mass mail is working, but not Kunena subscription mail

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds