Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Adding Attachments

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by larrybertleman
I am trying to add an attachment to a forum post on my forum but it doesen't work, nothing happens. I have looked in the control panel but can't see any controls for this, can someone tell me where to look please?

Thanks

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by larrybertleman
To add, permissions to upload files and images have been granted for registered users.....

the "add file" button simply does nothing, it depresses when i click on it but nothing further happens

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Adding Attachments

larrybertleman wrote: I am trying to add an attachment to a forum post on my forum but it doesen't work, nothing happens. I have looked in the control panel but can't see any controls for this, can someone tell me where to look please?

I don't know where to look because we don't know anything about your site and why things may not work for you. We may be able to give you a faster, more helpful response, if you read the posting guide printed at the top of this page and you provide us with the information that will assist us in this matter. Thank you.

Could be a Javascript problem - I'm guessing - caused by an badly-written Joomla extension that is interfering with Joomla and therefore interferes with Kunena. See msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first We won't know more until you respond with the information requested in the posting guide.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by larrybertleman
Thanks for your response Sozzled. When i say I dont know where to look I was referring to the configuration panel in the backend of joomla! The settings I can see are set correctly. The site has been put together by a Joomla! developer rather than me with my ham fists and sausage fingers, but I was hoping to be able to sort this issue out myself rather than having to go back to him.

If you need to have a look at the forum I can create a username and password for you.

Please see the configuration report below:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Joomla default template details : ireview | author: ClickFWD LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: September 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
I am still quite sure that the issue you have is a Javascript library conflict issue. Something on your website is clobbering Joomla Mootools but I don't know exactly what it is.

FYI, K 1.7.0 is not the current release of Kunena; I suggest that you upgrade to K 1.7.1. In the same way I suggest that you should also upgrade to CB 1.7.1 and J! 1.7.4. Upgrading may fix the problem.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by larrybertleman
THanks Sozzled, I haven't had much time to look at this problem yet but I will get onto it.

Sorry if this is a daft question, I assume upgrading Kunena won't affect any of the posts we already have?

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Re: Adding Attachments

larrybertleman wrote: THanks Sozzled, I haven't had much time to look at this problem yet but I will get onto it.

Sorry if this is a daft question, I assume upgrading Kunena won't affect any of the posts we already have?

No, it will be painless.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
I think I have done over 300+ Kunena upgrades and I haven't had a problem with any one of them. Since I last posted to this topic, K 1.7.2 has been released. You should use that version.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds