Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Connect two kunena forums on different Joomla installations

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by blindek
Hello,

We have two Joomla websites with two different installation (two databases). On both Joomla instalations we have installed Kunena 1.7 (also two databases). Now I wonder if it is possible somehow to connect those two forums? So both Kunena forums will have same posts, same threads, same categories,... like it is one forum, but on both sites.

I was thinking about somekind synhronization of kunena tables of both Joomla databases. Or it is possible to tweak Kunena to use another Database?

We have user synhronization already.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is an impossibly difficult task to answer on a forum. Although there's a chance that the task is feasible it is beyond the scope of this forum to go into specific details. If I was in your situation I would engage a professional web developer to undertake this activity.

MySQL has some capability for replicating tables but that's more a question for the MySQL support team. It would be a major customisation to create a synchronisation system for users and posts and the URLs would probably change with each synch as well. It would probably be more easily achievable if you simply merged the two databases together and redirect the target from one site or the other. Again, merging databases is not within the scope of this forum to deal with in specific detail. We've had some discussion in the past on this activity and I suggest you look at the following topics to get a handle on the size of the task that you are trying to undertake:

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by blindek
Hello,

Thank you for your fast reply. Merging two databeses or sites to one doesn't suit to my case. I need two separete forum but with same posts, so I can group two communities, but that they can still remain on their own site.

I also heard about synhronizing tables with mysql, so you think with replicating tables of kunena it could be done? You maybe see and dificulty with such solution?

Thank you

More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds