Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Class 'PHPMailer' not found in libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php on line 28

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by joey2509
All of a sudden when somebody tries to post they get a 505 error
here is the message. I am using 1.7.1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: 505 error
Hello,

What Joomla! version are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by joey2509
Replied by joey2509 on topic Re: 505 error

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: 505 error
The error indicates an issue with Joomla mail. It would help to see your configuration report and also see the Global Settings in Joomla for mail.

Try changing the Kunena mail address to the same as the Joomla site mail address.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by joey2509
Still having that issue....

here is the config report...thanks for helping

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : magazine_plazza | author: TemplatePlazza.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: June 2008

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.2.3 | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist Array.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.0-RC2 | Kunena Stats 1.6.0-RC2

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Wrong versions of CB, Kunena Latest, Kunena Stats and, possibly, uddeIM used with that version of Kunena.

Please do not post the config. report as a text file. We can't read it like that. The config. report writer creates BBcode that can only be seen as a message posted on the forum. Thank you.

You have conflicting Joomla menu items. These are causing the 505 error. Simplify your menu: read How do I restore my Kunena menu? for further details.

Please attend to the matters I've mentioned here, let us know if your problems are fixed and, if necessary, post an updated configuration report.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by joey2509
I updated the extentions but still getting the problem. THis is killing my activity as you can imagine

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : magazine_plazza | author: TemplatePlazza.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: June 2008

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist Array.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
HTTP 505 errors, in general, mean

505 Error Code Explained

The server does not support the HTTP protocol version used in the request.

Why it occurs

The webserver does not support, or refuses to support, the HTTP protocol version specified by the client in the HTTP request data stream sent to the server. The HTTP protocol has various versions identified as major and minor, e.g. version 0.9, 1.0 or 1.1. The server is indicating that it is unable or unwilling to complete the request using the major version provided by the client.

Fixing 505 error code

The only option to fix this error is to upgrade the web server software to the higher version. Because the lower versions provide poorer security and performance than newer versions of the protocol.

I don't understand what is meant in this context by "the only option is to upgrade the webserver software" but, perhaps it means that some part of your Joomla site needs to be upgraded so that it's compatible with the HTTP request made by the client (i.e. the web browser). The question is, which part of your Joomla site could that be?

Your Joomla site template was created by TemplatePlazza in June 2008. You may love this site template, but does this site template love Kunena? We have had many problems with templates from TemplatePlazza. Therefore, the first thing that I would eliminate (as a cause of HTTP 505 errors) is the Joomla site template or something installed by the Joomla site template. Does your site work, for instance with the default rhuk_milkyway template?

The Joomla site template is not the only possible cause. Let's eliminate it, first, as a potential cause. The error indicates a problem with Joomla mail.

We understand that this matter is causing you a problem. That is why we ask people, before they upgrade from K 1.5 to K 1.7, to read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide first, test it out on a test site, and prove that it works before upgrading their live site. K 1.7 works differently from K 1.5 but the problems that people encounter are actually easier to resolve in K 1.7 than they were with K 1.5.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by joey2509
just wanted to point out that it is a 500 error and not 505

More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: 505 error
Above error comes from missing class in Joomla. PHPMailer should be included in Joomla, so you shouldn't get this error.

Anyway, this issue is clearly either a Joomla bug or you have some missing files in your Joomla installation.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds