Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Read and write access to a forum?

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by the_ai
Hi,
I've posted here: www.kunena.org/forum/168-k-16-and-k-17-s...te-access-to-a-forum But while waiting for reply I saw the disclaimer at the top that it states that "how to" questions are not welcomed in that category, that is why I'm copying my question here and asking the moderators to delete the old thread.

Hey guys!

Is it possible to have a category that is readable to everyone, but only a specific joomla user group can write to it?

The permissions tab has Primary and secondary groups which are able to view this category, but it doesn't say anything about write permission so I'm a little confused???

Any hint will be appreciated.

P.S. I'm sorry if this was answered before, but I couldn't find a thread for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by rich
I have not yet tried this plugin, but you can test it. Perhaps it is, what you are looking for. Please make a backup before.
www.kunena.org/forum/113-user-written-pl...e-control-for-kunena

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
*** Old topic deleted - topic moved to a more appropriate category for discussion ***

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by the_ai
Hey Rich,
Thank you for the link. Yep, this plugin goes in the right direction, but not all the way down the road.
In my case I need to give write permissions to different groups for different forums. The plugin makes the assumption that the same groups will have access to the categories, but this doesn't work for me.

I hate to hack things...
Daniel

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds