Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Resolved] Problems arising from misuse of Create Menu

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by [email protected]
I was trying to figure out how to work Kunena and I hit the "Create menu" button. Instead of taking me to a particular screen it just linked my forum to my site login page. I've been trying for hours and I can't figure out how to fix this. My site looks terrible. Please Help!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by [email protected].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: The Create Menu Button
You posted another question on this forum a while ago: Limiting Kunena . I responded but you did not reply to my response. Therefore, until I see a response to my previous unanswered questions I do not have any real advice to offer here.

[email protected] wrote: My site looks terrible ...

Perhaps, if you followed the advice given in the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page, we might be able to help better. :dry:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by [email protected]
Sorry that I didn't reply to your post on my previous question, I solved my own problem and didn't realize that you responded. I had completely forgotten about it. As far as my accidental transgression of the forum rules, I apologize for that too. I was frustrated and wanted help and I didn't mean the offense that I have apparently caused. Our website is not online yet, so I don't think that the configuration code would help in this case. If you could give me a tip on how to reverse whatever happened when I hit the "Create menu" button I would be very grateful. Thank you again for your time.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
No offence taken.

However, we cannot assist you with your problem if we do not have any idea of the environment you are running. It's not necessarily relevant (or important to us) if your forum is not fully operational at this time but it does help if it's accessible.

If you want to follow-up your original question and you seek our support, please read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page and pay particular attention to What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

If we have not heard from you within the next 24 hours we will consider this matter to be closed. Thanks.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #5 by [email protected]
Here is my configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 50M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : loginscreentemplate | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you for your configuration report. I strongly suggest that you immediately upgrade to K 1.7.1 and see if this fixed your current problems.

Further, you should also read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki if you want to properly use SEF URLs and this may also have some bearing on your current difficulties.

I will look again after you have attended to these matters and you post an updated config. report. Thanks. :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by [email protected]
That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for all of your help and patience. :laugh:

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
For other people looking at this topic, I hope that they also see that, when people follow the advice given in the forum category description (e.g. the posting guidelines on the category Index page), we can usually help people a lot faster. It saves your time (and is saves our time asking for the information when it's not given).

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds