Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Migrating to J1.7

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by carloxp
Migrating to J1.7 was created by carloxp
Hi all
I'm rebuilding my site from scratch using Joomla 1.7.

What is the easiest way to migrate kunena (1.7) data from my old J1.5 site to the new J1.7?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Migrating to J1.7
Use latest version of JUpgrade component after uninstalling/removing everything you don't want to migrate.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Matias.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by carloxp
Replied by carloxp on topic Re: Migrating to J1.7

Matias wrote: Use latest version of JUpgrade component after uninstalling/removing everything you don't want to migrate.

Hi
I don't need upgrade the whole site. I already rebuilt it from scratch on another server.

I only need recover my old kunena forum.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Migrating to J1.7
Kunena itself is easy to move, but unfortunately your forum will assign posts to random users if you're not migrating users, too. And the only way to migrate users is to use.. JUpgrade. And if you're doing that for the users, you may want to assure that Kunena fixes also its ACL (user groups and access levels) so you don't need to do it by hand.

After that you need to copy all the kunena tables (j17_kunena_*), /media/kunena files AND all the tables that contain information from your users (j17_user* and j17_viewlevels).

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by carloxp
Replied by carloxp on topic Re: Migrating to J1.7
Copying Joomla users is not a problem using J2XML. I already copied users!

Okay, I will follow your suggestions, thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds