Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea Transfer kunena 1.7 with joomla 1.5 - in joomla 1,7.

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by Smirnov
I have transferred kunena 1.7 with joomla 1.5 - in joomla 1,7.
Used jUpgrade 1.2.3.
Addresses of pages have changed.
Adjustments of forums are identical.

For example:

masterpro.ws/forum/38-web---/3359-gap---

masterpro.ws/forum1/38-web-sajt-svoimi-r...atsiya-svoimi-rukami

Tell please, whether probably to transfer a site so that old and new addresses of pages have not changed?
Thanks for your answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thanks for your question. I'm not sure how to advise you.

If this was my website, I would start to look at why the URLs were different rather than be reconsidering my migration strategy. As far as I know, URLs on J! 1.5 are the same as URLs on a J! 1.7 website, as long as you have properly implemented Joomla SEO.

If you are interested in knowing how to move Kunena from a J! 1.5 website to a J! 1.7 website - trust me, it's not something I would recommend to anyone - please see [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: If you are interested in knowing how to move Kunena from a J! 1.5 website to a J! 1.7 website - trust me, it's not something I would recommend to anyone - please see [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another

Yes, I can agree with you that not recommendable. I'm trying to do it with no success. I've tried jUpgrade, but a lot of issues. No things showing and so on. I'm on the same boat. I mean I have a non-profit site running kunena 1.7 on J1.5.25, but I want it on J1.7 so I can run K2.0 or other. The issue here is that I think I can't start from zero the J1.7, Kunena, Community Builder, UddeIm, Joomfish, once I have already a site running with a lot of members and posts in the Kunena. So, I can't lose such data, therefore I'm interested in keeping any existing data on the target. How to accomplish that? I'm looking for a solution since some months with no success. A help and solution will be very welcome.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
Joomla 1.7 uses your local transliteration method where Joomla 1.5 just removed everything which wasn't in ASCII.

I was fearing that something like this would happen if you don't use category ids in the urls.

Currently there's no good way implemented to work around this issue -- it isn't directly related to Kunena (we cannot fix something that we didn't know about), but there is one thing you can do:

You can add redirects to your .htaccess file!

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by Smirnov

Matias wrote: You can add redirects to your .htaccess file!

The site contains more than 1000 pages. Many pages contain links to each other. Many external links on various pages of a forum. That I can make by means of .htaccess, explain please.

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by Matias
You only need to add redirects for categories, which limits number of rules into something that can be managed. So If you have:

masterpro.ws/forum/38-web---/3359-gap---

masterpro.ws/forum1/38-web-sajt-svoimi-r...atsiya-svoimi-rukami

.. Mapping is: 38-web--- => 38-web-sajt-svoimi-rukami

BTW: In your case you haven't removed category IDs from your Kunena configuration, so this URL should keep on working, even if it has changed. Kunena 1.7 also uses canonical URLs, which means that these old URLs will be converted to new ones when Google goes through your site.

So this category mapping is really only issue IF you have changed your Kunena configuration not to use category IDs in your URLs. Am I right?

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by Smirnov

Matias wrote: In your case you haven't removed category IDs from your Kunena configuration, so this URL should keep on working, even if it has changed.
Am I right?

No. It does not work. :(

P.S. Sorry. Probably, I am wrong.... I test.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Smirnov.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by Mathyas
I succeeded migrate to the Kunena! :)
Steps:
1- I installed the new Joomla! 1.7, in the new folder and new subdomain (test)
2- I used the SP Upgrade migrator .
Sp Upgrade Tutorial
3- Installed the Kunena 1.7
4- Exported the Joomla 1.5's page Kunena(1.7)'s databases:
Warning: Spoiler!

5- I deleted the Joomla 1.7's page Kunena (1.7)'s databases and imported Joomla 1.5's page Kunena(1.7)'s databases.

Finished! :)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away,
An old wise computer once said...

More
12 years 4 months ago #9 by iLucato
Hey Mathyas, thanks for the tip. I will check this SP Upgrade migrator.

Btw, would you give more details about the items 4 and 5, i didn't get very well, what you meant and how to procedure to "4- Exported the Joomla 1.5's page" and "5- I deleted the Joomla 1.7's page"

Thanks.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #10 by Mathyas

iLucato wrote: Btw, would you give more details about the items 4 and 5, i didn't get...

The Sp Upgrade migrate your old sites from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.7!
- Install the new J1.7, after install Sp Upgrade on the J 1.7 page.
- Migrate Joomla 1.5 database(users, menu, etc) width SP Upgrade!
- After install the (new) Kunena on the Joomla 1.7 page.
- Export the --olnly-- Kunena database, the J 1.5 page
- Delete the all Kunena database in J1.7 page, after import old Kunena database.
Finally... copy the ftp: Old page, /root/media/kunena/attachments/ to the new webpage.

I using the Community Builder... there is also the same procedure.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away,
An old wise computer once said...
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Mathyas.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds