Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Migrating Kunena 1.64 -> 1.7 on another domain

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by oceanborn82
I currently have Kunena 1.64 on a joomla 1.5 site
I have a new site ready on another domain on joomla 1.7 with Kunena 1.7

Is it possible to migrate the posts/topics or will I need to start from scratch?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by Matias
You can migrate all topics by using JUpgrade component -- but it means that you need to start J1.7 site from scratch and redo everything you did for your new site.

Getting the users from Joomla 1.5 is nearly impossible task without doing above -- Kunena itself is easier. If you already imported users, you may want to make another test site and migrate Kunena in there -- and copy all the #__kunena tables + media files into your new site.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by oceanborn82
I'm moving the users using my own sql and php scrips over to my new 1.7. SO Kunena is as easy as copying the #_kuenea tables. Nice one, Thanks!

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by Matias
Well, almost. There IS one thing that you need to know:

Category permissions need to be reassigned for every category, because of access levels and groups have new IDs.

Also remember to copy all the files from /media/kunena (and set the right permission).

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by oceanborn82

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds