Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question User are deprecated on a local backup

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by Tok Tar Bak
Hi,

after restoring a backup from my online website on a local XAMPP sytem, all my Kunena users are marked as deprecated below the avatar. See the attached picture.
What does it means?

t.t.b. B)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : lightbreeze-blue | author: Hurricane Media | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-04

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please see Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP)

There's not a lot we can do if we can't actually see this site or its forum. I haven't seen this "deprecated" thing in user profiles before.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
I must say that I have no idea on this either. There's nothing between online image and rank in the code... What happens if you try it in English?

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by Tok Tar Bak

What happens if you try it in English?

Do you mean an english Joomla installation?

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
In relation to the general issues involving Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) , there's really no support here. There are only suggestions.

My suggestion to you (and to every other person who asks "I have a problem with Kunena on my WAMP, XAMPP hosted website") is don't do your development work on a different platform to where you are going to host the production site. In other words, if you are going to have a production site hosted at "mysite.com" then create a development website at "test.mysite.com" and, if you have problems, we can use the internet to look at your test site online. It helps us to help you quicker. It means that you have confidence in knowing if your production site will work. It's a better all-round solution.

So, for your XAMPP solution I can only say, good luck. We don't know what's going on and it seems that neither do you.

What happens if you try it in English? I guess it means try setting the default language of your site to English.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tok Tar Bak

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by Tok Tar Bak
Replied by Tok Tar Bak on topic Update

if you are going to have a production site hosted at "mysite.com" then create a development website at "test.mysite.com"

Thank you. This is what I'm doing now.

About my question. I have found an answer. This is not a Kunena issue, it is a Joomla issue. Since J1.6 the SuperUser -and only the SuperUser- has the usertype "deprecated". This is a database entry (xyz_users -> SuperUser -> usertype). It has nothing to do with my backups. Sorry, I was confused :whistle:

Perhaps the Kunena forum should ignore and don't show this usertype..?

Best regards
t.t.b. B)
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled

Tok Tar Bak wrote: Perhaps the Kunena forum should ignore and don't show this usertype?

I recommend that you use the setting: Forum Configuration » Plug-ins » Userlist » Show User Type = No
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tok Tar Bak

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds