Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Question Members showing up as "Hidden Users"

More
14 years 11 months ago #110143 by YouWantLED
Hi,
Just a quick question ..
Using Joomla 1.5.22 CB 1.7, VM, and Kunena 1.7

When people register everything is fine, but when their logged in to the site the forum shows them as "hidden Users"

Is this because of a CB setting that I've missed or is it a setting in Kunena?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #110428 by YouWantLED
Oh Man ...
It just seems you have to wait forever for someone to reply to a simply question on this forum ..

Can an expert or developer PLEASE answer this question..

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #110429 by sozzled
Users can choose to hide their online status by changing a setting in their profile. This question has been asked and answered before. See >>> here <<<

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #110451 by YouWantLED
Hi Sozzled,
Hey first of all thanks for the reply ..
However, every user registered on the site is showing up as "Hidden"

I am using CB intergration , but in the Kunena Configuration --> Intergration I have set Profile & Userlist to use Kunena..

I've looked through all the configuration menus of both CB & Kunena, and I really can't see why this is happening.

I thought by default user should show up online, then they can turn off this feature in their profile settings ..

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #110464 by sozzled

YouWantLED wrote: I thought, by default, users should show up online ...

I agree with you, that's what I would have thought, too. So, maybe, it depends on how you've integrated Community Builder with Kunena? Maybe this is more a question about how to use CB than it is about Kunena. Maybe it's a problem with your Joomla database?

It might help, when all else fails, give us some more information (please read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

YouWantLED wrote: It just seems you have to wait forever for someone to reply to a simply question on this forum.

Can an expert or developer PLEASE answer this question.

This is a self-help community-driven forum. The answers you find here are given in good faith based on the best understanding of those who have contributed to the discussions. Sometimes things don't work properly for some people (e.g. in my own case, I have K 1.7.0, J! 1.5.24, CB 1.7 and I don't have this "everyone is hidden" issue). I believe that you have a problem but I hope you might also appreciate things from our perspective: it's like looking for a needle in a haystack when we don't even know where the haystack is located. As far as I know, we haven't received other reports from users about all of their users, by default, appearing "hidden" to their communities. Maybe the problem is something amiss in your site setup? It might help if we knew more about how you've setup your website and your configuration report would be a step in the right direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YouWantLED

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds