Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Change topic title after a post has been made

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by jheuser
Hi,

Have a problem here and I have searched and not been able to find a way to fix it.

After a user posted they somehow changed the title of the topic. It changed from one sentence to about 5 sentences and looks bad.

How can I change the topic of a thread?

It can be seen here

jane.tv/forum/recent?view=latest&do=latest&func=latest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You can edit the topic for now, in Kunena configuration panel you set a limit for topic subject

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3 by jheuser
Will someone please help me with this. This is bad I can't figure out a way to fix it. I already tried limiting the topic subject length, but it did nothing. Look how bad this looks.

jane.tv/forum/recent?view=latest&do=latest&func=latest
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by jheuser.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
I've seen this particular problem before (but I can't remember exactly what caused it). It was a long time ago when I saw various messages posted so I'm wondering if the issue affects an older, unsupported version of Kunena?

Can you please post your configuration report? This might help us to help you better. I'll keep digging around to see if I can find out where I saw this issue before. Changing the subject or limiting the subject length configuration setting won't cure the problem, by the way. If my memory serves me right, the problem is caused by some bug ... but in whose software is this bug? :S

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #5 by jheuser
Hi Sozzled. I attached the report. Thank you for helping me with this! It is a mess... This is a live website right now... Never a good thing when there is a problem.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : rt_crystalline_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.10 | creationdate: July 15, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal Kunena configuration report in message

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
Hmmm ... a couple of recommendations for you. As I suspected, you're using an older version of Kunena (which isn't supported any more, by the way) and that may account for the problem. Your first plan of action should be to update to K 1.7.

I'm not sure about your Kunena menu set-up but if everything else is working fine then let's not mess around there. My only comment about the menu setup is that it looks a little "over-engineered" from my perspective.

Your configuration report looks like you've altered it somehow (e.g. you've removed the URL of your website). Please look at the FAQ "fact-sheet" What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? particularly in relation to the use of the

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by jheuser
Huh-uh. Why do you ask? Could that help me here?

Thanks

More
12 years 4 months ago #9 by sozzled
I'm pleased to hear that you're not using that extension. I'm looked at other cases where I think I've seen the issue you refer to. In those cases, the problem was caused by another Joomla extension (a plugin or a module, I forget which); in one case it was caused by someone using the Inline Module. Therefore, it would appear that the solution is to identify what other Joomla extensions (and their versions) you're using on your site and to disable them until you find the one that causes the Kunena "rot".

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #10 by miamiman
Well that's a bummer.

I've installed the Inline Plugin on various sites, and just recently saw this error on two of the eight sites?

Desactivated the plugin and yes-sir, the problem was fixed.

But that leads me then to another request... what's the replacement (or the fix) for the Inline Plugin if it won't place nice with Kunena?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by miamiman.

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds