Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question ID's in SEF URL's...

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by readyman
I would like to know how to remove ID's from URL's. I have already removed the category ID's via the admin backend by clicking the Do Not Use Category IDs to yes, but there are still ID's in the SEF URL. I think it is because they are not category ID's, maybe thats why...Either way, the following should help you see what I mean.

Here is an example URL:
myitsn.co.cc/support/off-topic-chatter/270-global-forum-rules#270

I would like to know how to remove the following (the red/bold ID's): 270-global-forum-rules#270

I do not know, for one, why there are two URL ID's (270 and #270, etc), and for two, why there is any in the first place. Is there any way I can delete this with the default Joomla SEF component or any other 3rd party extensions?

I have tried multiple SEF Extensions like aceSEF, JoomSEF, shf404 and a few others., and none of the rid me of the ID's, no matter which settings I apply. Some of them even mess with my SEF URL's and completely change them (also, no matter which settings IO change or apply_, hurting my SEO...but that is a whole different issue, so I will not ask for assistance on that here. :)
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by readyman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: ID's in SEF URL's...
Hello,

This part will be more configurable in Kunena 2.0, all the urls are handled in router.php

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by readyman
Replied by readyman on topic Re: ID's in SEF URL's...
How long before the release of Kunena 2.0?

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: ID's in SEF URL's...
Good question, i have no idea, i hope before the end of year

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.760 seconds