Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question What actually is "Time to create page"?

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by HowAboutPrague
Sorry if this has been discussed, but it's a hard thing to search for. Being at the bottom of just about every page, I get millions of hits in google, and hundreds from the site search. The only post I found was about removing it, which is definitely not what I want to do.

So... I am having performance issues. And trying to identify and resolve each issue one by one. Obviously Time to create page is very useful, but it would be even more useful if I knew exactly what it measured.

I recently changed to a different MySQL server, and I can see a definite improvement in time to create page, so I will assume that a large part of it is the time spent retrieving data from MySQL. But I also have two other quite distinct delays that don't reflect in time to create page. One is latency connecting to the site so that is and ISP and hosting provider issue. But the next one seems to be a delay that occasionally can be 5-10 seconds. Where the site has been connected to (index.php) and php has started to do something, things stop (users say The-Forum-Locked-My-Computer) and then the screen builds quite fast.

So basically I have two unknowns in the Kunena part. One this unexplained delay and then the actual bit that is the Time to create page. And if I know exactly what is counted in that, (and the Time to create page is now under 0.5 seconds) I can focus on the other bits.

From running other test software, my cut feeling is that the issue relates to either the big java file, or an issue with the main CSS file, but I would expect those to be cached. But if I can confirm what is NOT in the time to create page it will help me a lot.

Just in case its needed here are my details.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by HowAboutPrague
Sorry that went on a bit.

All I really want to know is what is included in the time to craete page, e.g. does it include time to download CSS and JS. I assume all the PHP that accesses MySQL is included, what else.

Thanks.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by HowAboutPrague
Interestingly when I posted the Configuration screen, I just went to check the current version and realize that K1.7 has been released. I installed 1.7 on my test site, and the issue seems to be corrected. So maybe this was an issue that is now fixed :woohoo: I will run a day of testing and if it works I will upgrade my live site.

But I would still like to know what Time to create page means ....

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds