Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Access levels in Forum

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by RoiDanton
Hi all,

I had just migrated from agora to kunena because my user asked me to do that ;)
Now I have the problem that I would like to set different access levels for one forum.
I know that joomla 1.5 is very limited with that.
I already installed jxcontrol to create more groups.
However it seemes that kunena is completly ignorig all group permissions.
I also tried only with the joomla build in groups author etc. but this also fails.
I can make the forum only visible to all registered users or to none.

Could you please help me and explain to me what I'm doing wrong or what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Roi Danton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Access levels in Forum
We suggest Artof User for J! 1.5.x. As far as I know, jxcontrol has not been supported for a couple of years ... but I could be wrong.

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by RoiDanton
I tried the plugin ArtofUser in advanced but it seems that it doesn't matters how I create those groups.
The problem is that the groups are ignored by kunena.
Also with the existing groups it is not possible for me to specify different access levels.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
The techniques in achieving the result that you require involve a knowledge of how to use Artof User, Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups and something like what was mentioned a couple of years ago here: Multiple user groups using jx control .

The "trick" is to make sure that the user is properly assigned to the correct custom groups that are needed to access the Kunena category.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by RoiDanton
Sorry, I don't get it.
I have a forum and I set the permission of the forum to the group I would like to have access.
The backendsetting doesn't matters for this I think.
The problem is now that the forum appears to all when I disable "Included Child Groups".
When "Included Child Groups" is enabled everyone can see the forum regardless what group I select.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled

RoiDanton wrote: I have a forum and I set the permission of the forum to the group I would like to have access. The backendsetting doesn't matters for this I think.

Can you explain what you mean "setting the permission of the forum"? What do you mean by "the backending doesn't matter for this"? Setting the access rights to the forum, its sections, categories and sub-categories are all done in the backend. Sorry, I don't get it.

Can we start again, please?

Can you provide us with a copy of your K 1.6 configuration report and let's take matters from there. :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #7 by RoiDanton
I'm sorry, I'm not used to the kunena terminology.
I belive forum is a categorie in kunena and with the beackend permissions I meant the field for the administrative access level. I hope this is correct back translated ;)

This is my configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : eve_online_lernvid.com | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 11.12.2009

Kunena default template details : Joomlana_Dark | author: عبدالله بازهير baazza | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: 2010-11-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Thank you for your help!

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply.

The terminology about sections, categories and sub-categories is explained in Sections, Categories, sub-categories (part 1) . The forum is the entire collection of all sections, categories, sub-categories, topics and messages posted in those topics. You can control who has access to the forum, too.

Kunena sections, categories, sub-categories have a "public access level" (or front-end access) and an "admin access level". You are right: the Admin Access Level should not have any involvement in defining who can access your categories in the front-end (unless you specify "Nobody" in the Public Access Level field).

There are two ways of tackling your problem:

(1) Make sure you understand how to use the Kunena Category Manager. This is documented - not very well, I admit - in: Artof User works with the Kunena Category Manager

(2) Have someone else set things up for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dontregartha

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by RoiDanton
Thanks sozzled!

I bet there is much work in this documents but they are no help to me.
I don't need documents which explain everything and why.
I need step by step manuals. The permission thing is something that is not included in Joomla 1.5 and Kunena.

It would be verry nice when someone who created differen access groups on his own forum could tell what he did.

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds