Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Installation Error: Kunena 1.6.3 on Joomla 1.6.0

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by jarodvander
Hy,

I was looking in Google, Wiki, and co., until now I found no workable solution.

I want install Kunena (com_kunena_v1.6.3_b4344_2011-01-31.zip)
on Joomla! 1.6.0 Stable [ Onward ] 10-Jan-2011 23:00 GMT.

CHMOD is temporarly at 666/777 (normaly at 644/755).

The installation of the component is successful,
but above the successful-message,
there is an error-message: "Error building Admin Menus".

PHP-Version: 5.3.4
MySQL-Version: 5.1.49-1-log

Code of "folder.php" with the problem "JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths"
is adjusted an the fault (was impossible to install any extensions) is corrected.

Can somebody help me, can give me a hint in which destination the solution is possible to find.?

It is a fresh installed Joomla with CB 1.4.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by jarodvander
I have watched K 1.6 Technical Requirements:

My system is above all minumum system requirements

Only 1 difference is in the php.ini settings:

max_execution_time >= 30 +++++ my value is 20 +++++
memory_limit >= 16M (>= 64M recommended) - depends on other Joomla extensions used
safe_mode = off
upload_max_filesize >= 3M

all other is agree with my system..

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
You will also see, in the technical requirements document,

Joomla 1.6.0

Users may want to experiment with K 1.6 and Joomla 1.6. K 1.6.2 provides some capability to work with Joomla 1.6 and this capability will be extended in future releases. There are issues with installing or using K 1.6.x in Joomla 1.6 at this time. Some of these issues are show-stoppers if users are considering Joomla 1.6 to run their production websites. Many of these issues will be fixed in future versions of Kunena and Joomla. At this time uses are encouraged to report issues with Joomla 1.6 as test cases but support may not necessarily be available to answer issues. Until otherwise advised, please use the K 1.6 test reports category to report issues that you are having with K 1.6 and J! 1.6. Until accepted by the Joomla Extensions Directory as a native Joomla 1.6 extension, K 1.6 is not a Joomla 1.6 native extension.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by jarodvander
ok yes, you 're right, but isnt there a hint where to find a soultion for "errorbuilding admin menus" ???

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
I don't know. I have not, personally, installed J! 1.6 yet - anywhere - and so I am unable to help you with this.

My advice is simple. If you want to get a live, production website up-and-running quickly - with Kunena 1.6 - then build your site with J! 1.5.22. It's your choice if you want to experiment with J! 1.6 (and we are grateful that people do want to experiment and report what they find). But, as you are already aware, K 1.6.2 and K 1.6.3 are two steps in the progression to make K 1.6 work with J! 1.6. This development will progress further with K 1.6.4. But I can't say whether K 1.6.4 addresses your problems or whether it will fix them, either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jarodvander

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by hache
I have a similar configuration as you have (J 1.6 + CB 1.4 + Kunena 1.6.3) and I had the same error message while installing CB.
In fact, I had installed CB a first time, did an uninstall of CB, then got this error while installing for the 2nd time. I had to uninstall CB, go into the database and remove manually the CB entries from the jos_menu table, then the next installation was ok.

Use my advice at your own risk, hope this could help.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by xillibit
It's absolutlely recommended to use Joomla! 1.6.1 now

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 month ago #9 by jarodvander
hi :-)

i ve solved this problem and a few other little mistakes...
the failure-message you get, while installation or something other, is in most cases missing script-functions (DOM, open-base-dir, etc. etc.).
most of the free-server provider dont have installed, or dont have enabled all required scripts, functions etc...
a cheap server (ca. 1-3 $ per month) solves this problem, cause there you have in most cases enabled, or activated the multiple required functions.. and if not, normaly, just write an email to the support and they will enabled the missing function quickly for you...

.. so long :-)

thx for all ur support here :-)

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds