Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Strange errors JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_PLEASE_ENTER_A_USER_NAME

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by emerge
Hey guys,
I recently installed Joomla 1.6 and K 1.6.3
I had got the forum up, imported some users, everything was going smooth like butter. I made some test posts and then decided to edit my profile. At first i couldn't save any changes to my profile. I found out this was due to a possible chrome bug, so i switched browsers, and now i can save changes to my profile but i get the following error: JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_PLEASE_ENTER_A_USER_NAME

and new when i post i get the following:

Links to the images incase they dont show up:
Making a post I get this:
skitch.com/sp1te/rqe16/dmz-10100.forum

Editing my profile I get this:
skitch.com/sp1te/rqeup/10100

Below is a copy and paste from my configuration settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by singletrack
Have you tried to remove the special characters in your username?

Eli Mergel ()

Not sure if the () is intended, but I would suggest trying with another account with and without the () included.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by emerge
hmm i dont know where that is even coming from. If I look at my name its just emerge, and thats my full name. This is what is coming up now "Profile for Eli Mergel (emerge)" and it seems to be working when i use anything but chrome. So maybe its an issue with google chrome.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds