Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Template Issue with Kunena 1.6 RC2 and IE8

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by tramber91
Dear all

All is in title
here it is what I have

Only with Inernet Explore 8, OK with IE7 and Firefox
sometimes it is OK when I did a refresh but 1s later same issue (menus emoticones)

tamplate: Zephyr Roktheme

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 40M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC2 | Build: 3373 | Version name: Jadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Enabled (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Enabled (Version : 2)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by kat06
hi there,

this issue seems to be caused by the smartload feature which is part of the rockettheme gantry framework.

you can try to exclude kunena from smartload.

in your joomla admin please go to > extensions > template manager > zephyr > features > smartload...

and add the following to the field "component excludes": com_kunena

if you have other excludes there already, make sure to seperate them by comma, such as:

com_community,com_contact,com_k2,com_tienda,com_weblinks,com_kunena

please let us know if that helps,

kat :)
rockettheme
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by kat06.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by snilloconator
Or you could just disable smartload for that specific menu item. Well that's what I did and it seem to work.:ohmy:

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by tramber91
Dear all
thanks for your answer
It is not the clue for the menu
concerning menu, I just removed the famous
Code:
-moz-border-radius-topright:5px;-moz-border-radius-topleft:5px;
from kunena.forum-min.css default template and it is OK now

take care

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by kat06
hi again,

not sure what you mean about the menu?

did the solution i mentioned fix the issue with the smilie images for you?

rockettheme

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #6 by fxstein

kat06 wrote: hi there,

this issue seems to be caused by the smartload feature which is part of the rockettheme gantry framework.

you can try to exclude kunena from smartload.

in your joomla admin please go to > extensions > template manager > zephyr > features > smartload...

and add the following to the field "component excludes": com_kunena

if you have other excludes there already, make sure to seperate them by comma, such as:

com_community,com_contact,com_k2,com_tienda,com_weblinks,com_kunena

please let us know if that helps,

rockettheme

Kat,

Is there something we can do on our end so users don't have to enter us as an exception for the auto load?
Honestly we know way too little about Gantry and it sure would be nice to stick heads together with one of your designers/architects/developers to see how we can integrate better and leverage each others capabilities.
I am certain that most issues that are seen, are caused by minor things, that - once known - could be architected for.

If anybody from your team is planning to come to Joomla Day USA West, I would love to host a get-together.

As always - thanks for your continuos help!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by tramber91
Thanks Kat

smilies issue seems to be resolved but I don't know why meny issue come back :unsure:

it is what I have with Firefox

and IE8

as you can see, some words (in french) missing like "sujet"

regards

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #8 by wgdejonge
Hi tramber91

Same problem with the Kunena 1.6 RC2 menu here with RT Quasar template (is also Gantry)

At first i solved it with IE8 Plugin : extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...a-web-standards/7623

But unfortunately this was causing problems with my md_cblogin (community builder login module). So i had to turn it of again.
The plugin might work for you though....
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by wgdejonge.

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds