Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question sef links or urls with kunena 1.6

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by pdfinformation
Joomla - 1.5.20
Kunena - 1.6
SEO component - SH404SEF

I have installed kunena 1.6 in a test site. Checking it for SEF urls

In the earlier version of kunena i.e 1.5 sef url's were created for the posts. For example www.abx.com/topic/why-using-kunena

Now in 1.6 sef urls are not created. For example www.abx.com/topic/t-297

Is their any settings am missing in kunena or SH404SEF ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Hurr1c4n3
Why don't you lose SH404SEF and just activate SEO in Joomla and Kunena?

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by pdfinformation
Many of the live sites are using sh404sef. So its good to test the kunena 1.6 with sh404sef installed.

Is it the issue with sh404sef ? I mean not compatible with kunena 1.6 ?

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for reporting your K 1.6 issues in the test reports category. While we cannot give any guarantees that there is a solution for the sh404SEF problems (and, in the past week, there have been a few instances where people have reported difficulties with that product), we will investigate your report further and and subject K 1.6 to further testing with sh404SEF.

I have not seen any official statement about the level of compatibility between K 1.6 and sh404SEF (I don't know what collaboration between the development teams of Kunena and sh404SEF) but we will try to get an answer back to you as soon as possible. I don't know what testing has been done with sh404SEF - I haven't seen any reports of issues involving this product and K 1.6. Your report may well be the first!

The Kunena 1.6 test reports category is not a support category:

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 alpha/beta test versions. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for alpha/beta test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

We will try to help you if we can.

The best advice that I give at this time is for you to ask the developers of sh404SEF what work they are doing to resolve the problems that you seem to be encountering. I will try to get an answer about how compatible K 1.6 is supposed to be for sh404SEF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pdfinformation

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by pdfinformation
Thank you sozzled for your review and answer.

I will raise this compatibility issue with developers of sh404sef also.
Another thing is its computability with joomap or xmap :)

For any product to succeed compatibility among different product is must! Hope new Kunena will have the compatibility like the current one!

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by svanschu
Hi pdfinformation,

I don't know joomap and xmap as sitemap components but I think they work like SEF Service Map that you have to install an plugin into joomap or xmap. If it is so someone have to wrie one for 1.6

I also look atm around for a better Sitemap Component than SEF Service Map and don't know atm for which I will use and configure for kunena

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by mindriot
Hey folks, the core support in sh404sef v2.0 and v2.1 does not yet support K1.6, I believe they do not intend to update support until K1.6 is in stable release, or so I was informed in a support thread.

Xmap supports K1.5 ok but it also does not seem to support K1.6 yet, no sign of a plugin either yet, Ive been looking.

Of all the sitemaps Ive tried Ive found xmap to be the best at supporting various components.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #8 by Cerberus

LDA wrote: Hi pdfinformation,

I don't know joomap and xmap as sitemap components but I think they work like SEF Service Map that you have to install an plugin into joomap or xmap. If it is so someone have to wrie one for 1.6

I also look atm around for a better Sitemap Component than SEF Service Map and don't know atm for which I will use and configure for kunena

mindriot wrote: Hey folks, the core support in sh404sef v2.0 and v2.1 does not yet support K1.6, I believe they do not intend to update support until K1.6 is in stable release, or so I was informed in a support thread.

Xmap supports K1.5 ok but it also does not seem to support K1.6 yet, no sign of a plugin either yet, Ive been looking.

Of all the sitemaps Ive tried Ive found xmap to be the best at supporting various components.

The xmap plugin for kunena has been rewritten by me to make it K1.6 compatible its availible from the KED ( require xmap to work )
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9 by mindriot
Nice one! I'll go get that now :)

Quick question, what criteria does the "newest than" setting in the plugin use?
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by mindriot.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by Cerberus
i have no idea all i did was modify there logic to work with k1.6 as user were requesting it i havent change any of there setting so you would need to ask them what each setting does. :)

Time to create page: 1.934 seconds