Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question menu item #current is not working correctly

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by Dr. Wuah
Hey!

To my installation environment:
Local installation with xampp and my joomla! installation is configuered as suggested in an other topic.

My Problem is: I created a menu in joomla! and pointed a menu link to the forum and another directly to an user's profile.
Both links are connected with the right pages, which are shown correctly. But normaly an active menu item is assigned with the "current" id and therefore customizable through the css file. This doesn't happen.

I'm not sure if I am making a mistake, or whether this issue appears to be a probleme for everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I don't understand exactly, what you mean by : "But normaly an active menu item is assigned with the "current" id and therefore customizable through the css file. This doesn't happen"

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by Dr. Wuah
ok, I try to explain it more clearly ;)

For example: look at the menu bar on this site. You'll see the "Forum" menu link has an darker background color. This darker color for "active" menu links is assigned through css and the for example with the "current" id(, which you can see with tools like firebugs :
<li class="active item125" id="current">
<a href="/forum"><span>Forum</span></a>
</li>)

If I try to change the look of this active menu link nothing happens. All menu links, except for the kunena links, are working properly.

I hope the problem is clearer now...

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by @quila
Yes, you are right.

There is a bug in css file which is already fixed as you can see on demo site.

Fix will be present in the next release.
Thank you for report this.

Regards

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by Matias
Next version also have some improvements on menu items in general. :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by fsoares
Hi,

Now I am testing Kunena v1.6.0-RC1_b3173_2010-08-09 and have same problem, or similar.

When select the Forum menu (link to kunena_menu > forum) this is highlighted but if select an category from the forum then the highlight is turned off, as if nothing of these menus is selected.

This is a minor bug that can be solved in future, but that can cause confusion to the "users".

Thanks

Fernando Soares - Mantendo sua Tecnologia
Hospedagem Joomla e VirtueMart Hosting
twitter.com/fernando_soares
www.fernandosoares.com.br

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by @quila
Hi,

when you view a category which already existing menu should highlight?

Have you created kunena menu for this category? Only if you have created menu for specific category this menu will highlight when you view this category.

Regards

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #8 by zbabyface
SOLUTION FOUND
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by zbabyface.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #9 by zbabyface

fsoares wrote: Hi,

Now I am testing Kunena v1.6.0-RC1_b3173_2010-08-09 and have same problem, or similar.

When select the Forum menu (link to kunena_menu > forum) this is highlighted but if select an category from the forum then the highlight is turned off, as if nothing of these menus is selected.

This is a minor bug that can be solved in future, but that can cause confusion to the "users".

Thanks

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!!

ADD THE FOLLOWING CODE IN: kunena.skinner.min.css
#Kunena #ktab li.active a {background-color: #3d467a;}

replace my color with your own color and wa-lah!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by zbabyface.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds