Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Editing syndication and terms of service?

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #1 by steelraptor
Hello everyone! I am new to Kunena forums but no stranger to Joomla and code modification.

I am currently running the newest version of Kunena 1.6 and running it on Joomla 1.6.1

I have been working on setting up the forums and have been trying to figure out how to edit the terms of service text. What file or area do I need to look in to edit that text or insert some there for my new users? The same goes for syndication for the RSS feeds.

I also want to edit the colors of the little tabs up top, index, recent topics, etc to like that of on this forum.

Also I would like to change the Powered by text at the bottom.

Can someone direct me to the location of these files/menu areas so I may edit them? Google hasn't turned up much in terms of Joomla 1.6 and K1.6

Thanks! :laugh:
Last edit: 13 years 4 days ago by steelraptor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 days ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What do you mean by terms of service text ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 days ago #3 by steelraptor
When you go to register to the forum at the bottom of the page is a Terms of Service:

To the right of that field is just a button that says agree and nothing else. How can I fill that with my terms of service text or link it to an article with my text in it?

Does that help?

More
13 years 4 days ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, steelraptor, and welcome to Kunena.

Please see my comments in blue below:

steelraptor wrote: Hello everyone! I am new to Kunena forums but no stranger to Joomla and code modification.

I am currently running the newest version of Kunena 1.6 and running it on Joomla 1.6.1 Thank you for your test report. Please read K 1.6 technical requirements for more information about using K 1.6 and J! 1.6

I have been working on setting up the forums and have been trying to figure out how to edit the terms of service text. What file or area do I need to look in to edit that text or insert some there for my new users? Perhaps you mean, how do you set up a "rules" page? Please see How to create a rule and a help page in the Wiki. The same goes for syndication for the RSS feeds. I'm sorry, perhaps you could clarify what you mean exactly.

I also want to edit the colors of the little tabs up top, index, recent topics, etc to like that of on this forum.I'm sorry, perhaps you could clarify what you mean exactly. I think this has been taken care of in K 1.6.4 which is more suited to J! 1.6 installations.

Also I would like to change the Powered by text at the bottom. We do not provide that kind of information here. This is, technically-speaking, a breach of the GPL and our terms of service to our users. Please see Please help me understand the GPL for Kunena

Can someone direct me to the location of these files/menu areas so I may edit them? Google hasn't turned up much in terms of Joomla 1.6 and K1.6 Please read K 1.6 technical requirements for more information about using K 1.6 and J! 1.6

Thanks! :laugh:

For future reference, please try to keep to one one point when you submit posts on the forum. In that way we can help you (and help others) who are searching for the answers to these questions. Thank you. B)

More
13 years 4 days ago #5 by sozzled

steelraptor wrote: When you go to register to the forum at the bottom of the page is a Terms of Service:

To the right of that field is just a button that says agree and nothing else. How can I fill that with my terms of service text or link it to an article with my text in it?

Registration is not a Kunena function. This website uses a separate Joomla extension that handles this "terms of service" agreement issue. The registration software used here is JomSocial. I hope that helps

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds