Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Was working great.. now getting a HTTP500 Internal Server Error

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by MJDigitalArt
I had everything working great.. then I thought that I'd install a couple more plug-ins today. Now Kunena isn't working. I've uninstalled the plug-ins, cleared and refreshed the cache.. still not working. Am I missing something? I'm a bit of a newb with Joomla, but have considerable intermediate coding experience if that makes any sense. Could use some help here...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : allrounder-j1.6 | author: Juergen Koller | version: RC3 | creationdate: Mar 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for your test report.

I cannot access a Kunena forum on your website. What is the link to your Kunena forum, please. You have no Kunena menu, either.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #3 by MJDigitalArt
That is the problem, my Kunena page does not even come up.. it's almost as if the link is no good. The Kunena menu is labelled MCC Discussion Board
The link should be as follows

monticellocameraclub.org/joo11/forum

at least that is where the Kunena menu tries to take me, and all of the links in the Kunena menu take me there as well.. but I get the 500 error when I attempt it.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by MJDigitalArt.

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by MJDigitalArt
The strange part is, I can access Kunena from the back end, and still have access to all of the settings, categories, etc. I just cannot access it from the front end. I even tried recreating the Kunena menu, and tried installing it into both a module and a menu link.. and neither work.. both are still trying to send me to that link I posted above, but that link is not working.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
I have no idea what you did to mess things up. Looks like you've moved the Kunena menu somehow (but I don't know how you did it) because you don't actually have one. May have a lot to do with J! 1.6.1. Please see this topic which may help. Curious. Chalk this one up as another case of "J! 1.6 may still have a little way to go, yet", I think.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by MJDigitalArt
So.. reluctantly I did a full removal of Kunena, (thus wiping out all of my hard work) and have now reinstalled it.. and now getting this error.. does this help?

Fatal error: Class 'JModel' not found in /home/montnor9/public_html/joo11/modules/mod_weblinks/helper.php on line 14

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #7 by MJDigitalArt
Update.... for those who may be running into the same problem.

I had installed a couple of weblink modules for our club's links, and it seems that they were what is causing the problem. Some how the weblink module built into J! 1.6 interferes with the Kenuna menu. As soon as I disabled the weblink modules... the new.. (and freshly installed version grrrrr) came back online.

This may be a bug.. or an issue the developers may need to address. Certainly a webmaster is going to want to be able to have a links module on his site somewhere.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by MJDigitalArt.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by doyenblair
Okay, I was having the same issue, but I solved it. Maybe this will help others.

I have my links module on the bottom of my page. When I moved it to position one, I got the 'Fatal Error'. When I moved it out of position 1, Kunena worked just fine. Try adjusting the position if you can.

If I disabled the links module it worked as well.

See if that works for you.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds