Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Resolved: Error 500 on multiple uploads

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by Tezzating
Morning guys. A few months back (just after upgrading to 1.6.0) I'd reported that when uploading multiple attachments I would get a Server Error 500 under the following conditions:

- Uploading single image file >5Mb
- Uploading two or more image files >3.5Mb
- Uploading attachment >5Mb
- Uploading any number of files with sum-size >5Mb

After months of tinkering and messing with settings and requests for support and the help of you guys the resolution has been.. moving from GoDaddy Grid hosting to HostGator instead. I think it has something to do with GD's upload time out which isnt user configurable ?

Here's the config data from the new server (running 1.6.3):
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : dbc_alpha_0610_r6 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2010-09-23

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Search: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

So if anyones experiencing similar issues, it might be time to reconsider your hosting !
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Tezzating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by Matias
Looks like you are hitting PHP memory limit. GD likes to suck all your memory and even more with large images.

There is no easy solution for this -- the only one I'm thinkin of is to find out how much memory is needed to resize image of size X x Y and use that information to drop the files without even trying if it is likely that memory will run out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds