Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Site Admin can not see user's email when viewing his profile?

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
I am the admin of my website. When I went to the userlist of Kunena forum, and picked up one user to view his profile page, I can NOT see his email address.

Of course each user HAS an email address.

I think, even he choose to "hide email address to other user", the Admin should always has the permission to see everyone's email address. right?

If you agree that this is a bug, please fix it.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled

baijianpeng wrote: the Admin should always has the permission to see everyone's email address. right?

Yes, the admin can see a user's email address ... but no-one (not even the admin) can see another user's email address in the user profile from the frontend. You can only see your own email address on the user profile, and you can only see that when you are editing your profile.

There is no defect here.

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
Ok, I found a new way to see a user's email address at frontend: enable "show email address" in "Configuration -> Plugins -> userlist", then the admin can find a user in the userlist and see his email address.

But I still think the admin should be able to see each user's email address when viewing any user's profiile, without entering the "editing profile" page.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds