Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question No message is displayed with the symbol [

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by AndreyS
Hi!
Found the following problem. Configuration: J1.5.21 K1.6 RC3 (updated from 1.5.12).
When writing a message in Cyrillic characters if the number exceeds 378 characters preview does not display anything. And if you save a post with lots of characters, it looks empty. But if you enter into edit mode then all the text becomes visible in the editor.
Tested on two different sites and different templates.

Thanks for the great work, guнs!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by AndreyS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please update to K 1.6.0. There is no support for under-development releases of Kunena, like K 1.6 RC3. Thank you.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by AndreyS
I'm sorry! :( Checked again version of the forum on two sites.
Version was the following: Kunena 1.6.0 | 2010-10-03 | 3620 [Spika]

I just noticed that this does not happen all topics...

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by AndreyS
Thank you for the inspiration and support, sozzled! :)
Figured out! In the text containing the character "[" and as soon as I clean it all beautifully displayed in the preview display and after save. But as soon as I return to this character as all the back disappeared.

This forum limit? Or is it somehow possible to use this character in the text?

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. You just demonstrated (by posting a "[" character here) that you can see the message.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #6 by AndreyS
Then demonstrate here:

Now enter the edit mode of my post and remove the ' character and all of my message will disappear in the preview window and will not be displayed after saving.

Now it is even clearer while experimenting on your site. If, after the character "[" is exactly the Cyrillic character that message disappears!

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by haithun
Well I guess that the [ charakter is being parsed by the BB-code parser cause it uses this charakter to mark the beginning and the end of the codes.
Example:
Code:
[b]bold text here[/b]
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by haithun.

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by AndreyS
Maybe so but why and in Latin, you can use this symbol in the text and Cyrillic is not working?

More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
I don't know the answer to the last question: maybe it has something to do with how the data is encoded in your database? Are you using UTF8 character encoding?

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by AndreyS
Of course I'm using UTF-8. Now once again done it on your site the following message! Look again to be seen whether anything.

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds