Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question 1.6 RC3 + CB + Joomla 1.5.20

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by lazypaddy
Hi
I installed the following:
Joomla 1.5.20
Community Builder 1.2.3

All was fine and site was behaving as expected. I then took a backup :) Installed Kunena 1.6 RC3, integrated with CB and the site came to a standstill....was talking about 15secs to load ANY page. I then uninstalled Kunena but it was still the same. I then restored my site from the backup and all was back to running normal. I then installed Kunena 1.5.12 and it worked fine with CB.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by lazypaddy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by Matias
Kunena does not have any effect on other pages. It's just a component that gets loaded only when its shown.

You must have some kind of plugin or module which was causing this..

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by lazypaddy
Hi
This was a clean install.
YooTheme Flux - Joomla V1.5.20
Community Builder 1.2.3
Kunena 1.6 RC3

All was fine until I installed the Kunena. Uninstalling didn't help. I had to restore from Backup and all was fine again. I tried this procedure 3 times from a fresh install and every time when I installed Kunena it slowed the page rendering to around 15secs. Please believe me, I tried with the little knowledge that I do have to try and get this to work and it wouldn;t. Installed Kunena 1.5.12 and it was all fine, but I would LOVE to use 1.6. Thanks

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by Matias
Hmm.. I have no idea what can cause this -- I've never seen anything like this before.

Try in another way -- First install Kunena and try it, then CB (try) and then template.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by lazypaddy
Will do. I will report back as soon as I try it. Thanks

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
I agree with Matias. There's something else on your website that's slowing things down with Kunena. It would be helpful to see your configuration report to know what else might be affecting performance.

From my experience, the easiest way to determine if Kunena is reponsible for performance issues is to create a site with only Joomla and Kunena and nothing else; then add other components to see if they cause an adverse performance impact.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds