Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Only in IE attachments corrupt and being downloaded as zips.

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by softget
Hello,

Has anyone had this problem with IE and attchments.

When a user tries to download a file in IE that has been uploaded to the forum the downloaded file is corrupt. I've tried this on several sites now with RC2

Here are some config settings

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC2 | Build: 3373 | Version name: Jadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Enabled (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Enabled (Version : 1.8.5) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Is this a bug?

Thanks for any help!

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Which IE version do you using ?
So, it's works with others browsers ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by softget
Hi there,

Yes fine in all other browser but in IE 7 and 8 attachments are corrupt. I've changed the Joomla template to see if this was causing an issue but the same problem arose.

Thanks

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
In actual fact, from what I've read about the situation, it's not just that Internet Explorer has problems with downloading and corrupting .ZIP files, it could actually be a bigger issue involving Microsoft software. Occasionally I have problems downloading .ZIP files using Firefox (and I'm not talking about downloading files attached to posts in Kunena forums). The problems seem to occur more frequently if I'm downloading to a networked drive rather than a local drive.

There are also differences in the way that files are compressed in the first place. People have reported to me that .ZIP files created on a Windows system are sometimes less "reliable" than .ZIP files created on a Unix system or some other platform. Of course, this is merely hearsay and it's the stuff that myths and folklore are made of.

I'm not disputing the claims that IE7/8 is a common factor in this case but, as I've already said, I have problems with downloading and storing files on my Windows system using Firefox, depending on where I choose to store those downloads. Unless you're able to provide empirical evidence of what has gone wrong, where it goes wrong, how the files were downloaded in the first place and the procedure you use to download those affected files we're really none the wiser as to how to help you with this matter. Sorry. :(

But, while I have your attention, please see important information about running Legacy mode
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by Matias
Check that you aren't using mod_deflate (Apache module) for compressed files -- it will break downloads in IE. We found out this a month or two ago when ZIP files broke up..

Time to create page: 0.674 seconds