Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question About some level category areas... thinking about showing...

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Mortti
This like to new member:

Statistics show wrong... here is not so many categories...

What those secrect's categories will be? I can't see those when I logged in but they are in all statistics?

Is statistics fail?, no they have just places witch you not accept...

The question of my story...

Can we hide this things in the future from basic details? When user is in level where he should not be see "all" and just what level he is?

Sami

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Mortti
I have thinking this a long time... it's also thinking in previus versions.... just now I ventured to say it... is that possible?...

If you need any help to understand the description just email/skype, whatever...

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3 by Mortti
What I mean: guest, users and different user groups which are loggen in should be see different statistics(when user is that user group)... is that possible? (at least forums and categories)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Mortti.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by 810
not at the moment, when joomla 1.6 released we can use the acl. And we can add more features

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #5 by Mortti

810 wrote: not at the moment, when joomla 1.6 released we can use the acl. And we can add more features

Okey...? so there is no way to do this to J! 1.5.xx with K 1.6? Did I understand right?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Mortti.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
It's a good question, Mortti, and it's probably something that hasn't been attended to since Kunena first began. It's also something that should be quite possible to fix, if someone was interested in fixing it, for J 1.5.

To summarise the issues: the forum statistics (the area shown in the screenshot below) are raw aggregates. They don't reflect what the user, viewing them, may or may not be able to access.

This may lead to users asking questions like "Your statistics are all wrong. You say you have 10 Sections but I can only see 1 Section. What happened to the other 9?" Such questions are difficult to answer without being defensive. "Sorry, but we have 9 Sections that are secret."

The basic principle of security can be summed up this way: "The best way to keep a secret is to not tell others that you're even keeping any secrets!" If your site advertises "10 Sections" but users can only see one of them, then you're already giving them ammunition to fire back at you.

Yes, it should be possible to count these values properly, based on the access rights of the user at the time. I would imagine that it should even be relatively straightforward to do this, too. Whether or not someone decides to do this for K 1.6.0 remains a different proposition.
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by Matias
Actually in some cases admins really want to show, that yes, there are more messages and categories waiting for you, if..

Making general stats configurable and to show only visible items should be pretty easy task.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds