Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question User showing offline

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by snilloconator
I completed a fresh install and with a few test users they are showing offline while being logged in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by snilloconator
I have searched the boards here and can not find a duplicate problem. Is anyone else having this problem or have I just overlooked another thread. Sorry to bump but it's the only thing really poking me in the eye every time I view my boards. LOL

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: User showing offline
As you've probably discovered in your search, the "who is online" issue has been an ongoing saga ever since Joomla 1.5 was developed and has been a continual thorn-in-the-side for the development team.

The source of the problem lies in Joomla - "session management" to be technically more specific.

Perhaps, though, we could use your experience: what setup are you using for testing - your own PC or a hosted platform? If you're using your own PC (say, with WAMP or XAMPP server software) this isn't as good a test as live in-the-field testing with real, other users and not just you masquerading as other users trying to simulate what might happen. In other words, when you wrote that you had a few test users all showing offline, were they real users or just you, logged-in from a few different locations?

And if you didn't login from different locations (but simply used different tabbed windows from the same browser) this would also explain why you don't see any "other" users being online.

I think we need to conduct this as a controlled experiment under proper "laboratory conditions". I'm not saying that you're wrong, of course, but I just don't have enough information to make a detailed analysis of the situation at the moment. B)

I don't want you feeling that we're not giving this matter due and proper attention but, right at the moment, we have a few urgent "show stoppers" that we have to wrestle with. This matter will be investigated but I can't promise you when that will be. :)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by snilloconator
Thank You for the reply. I promise I did perform a search but nothing of the sort came up.

I currently have K1.6 running on a hosted shared server and you are absolutely right it was me testing the whole time... LOL So I guess there's not much to note other than maybe the search for k1.6 is temperamental. I think that's another thread though...

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by snilloconator

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds