Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Firefox ISSUE

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by chizhny
Firefox ISSUE was created by chizhny
pindosiya.ru/index.php?option=com_kunena...26&id=972&Itemid=101

Just look at the picture. Not all text is shown in the box under Firefox. In IE8 everything is perfect.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Firefox ISSUE
I found a similar issue earlier today with FF 3.6.8. I think the problem has to do with your browser local cache. Try clearing your cache and let us know if the problem fixes itself. :)

I didn't see the problem at your website with FF 3.6.8.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by chizhny
Replied by chizhny on topic Re: Firefox ISSUE
I cleared cash and it did not work. You know what I have noticed, if I am not logged in everything is good, but if I logged in than I get this problem. Moreover, when I logged in using short login "aaa" everything was good, when I used another login which is longer "chizhny" I get the problem.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by Requiem
Replied by Requiem on topic Re: Firefox ISSUE
try to clear joomla cash (from admin panel)

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by chizhny
Also did not work:(

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
I've seem this kind of problem before - the first-you-don't-see-it-then-you-do-see-it scenario - where there's no problem if you're not logged-in but then there's a problem when you are logged-in. In nearly every case when I saw this occur it had something to do with enabling a module when users login and in almost every case (that I can remember, anyway) it had nothing to do with Kunena. If you don't believe me, search for this yourself.

So, I wonder what's running on this website? Perhaps if we stripped the site back to the bare minimum - I'm talking about Joomla with the rhuk_milkyway template, Kunena (unmodified, of course) and nothing else, we'd probably see a big difference!

What do you think of that idea? Create a test site, install Joomla 1.5.20, install Kunena, and then see if there's still a Firefox issue. Little by little, add other components and check if the display in Firefox is affected. There's nothing else that I can think of at this time.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by chizhny
Sounds like a plan. But the deal is that some of my friends are using FireFox and they don't have such problem. At least none of my users have complained yet. I also think that there is a problem with modules. but in the previous version of Kunena everything was good.

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by chizhny
I removed all modules but I have the same problem. Another thing is translation of one line.
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by chizhny
Any ideas?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
The only suggestion that I can make in this regard is to approach this strategically, that is create a completely new test site with Joomla 1.5.20, the rhuk_milkyway template, install Kunena, (and absolutely nothing else) and then see if there's still a Firefox issue. If there aren't any Firefox issues with this "bare bones" test site, then you can add other components, one at a time, and check if the display in Firefox is affected. If you do find a problem with another component in this test site, then you can work on that component in the site that you're now having problems with.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds