Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Non-Registered Users Cannot See Forum

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by CFB
I'm using Joomla Version 1.5.22 and Kunena 1.6.2. Prior to the upgrade to this newest version I did not have any problems in this regard, but the problem recently started where guests cannot see the forum at all without registering first. Anyone clicking on the Message Board link in the Main Menu is re-routed to the home page. Security settings are set so that non-registered users should be able to see the forum but not post. Any help is appreciated.

Configuration Settings

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : js_phenom | author: JoomlaShack | version: 1.0 | creationdate: December 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am guessing that you have defined your Kunena menu items to be usable only by registered users. I would like to know (a) what version of Kunena upgraded from and (b) how can we be sure that it was only the process of upgrading that causes this issue to appear? This looks like a Joomla menu problem to me. I cannot, for instance, see any menu link that points users to your Kunena forum page on your website.

However, while we have your attention, there is a very important matter that you need to take care of now: legacy mode . Please do something about this for your benefit and the benefit of your users. Thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by CFB
Thank you very much for the response in regards to legacy mode. This issue has been resolved, but my issue in regards to my original post has not been. The following is the set up on the Kunena Menu:

Again, any help is very much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: veeesh

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
What about the menu item that calls that menu? Where is that?

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by CFB
Sorry for the delay in my response and thanks for the help thus far. If you are referring to the Kunena Menu module setting, that is set to public as well. If you are referring to something else, I'm not clear what you are asking. Sorry for being such a novice.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled

CFB wrote: If you are referring to the Kunena Menu module setting, that is set to public as well.

No, I am not referring to that. I am asking you, where, on your home page, is a link that takes your users to the Kunena forum. I don't see a link to Kunena on your site when I am not logged in and I think this is the problem.

I see a link to a thing called " forum " but that link has nothing to do with Kunena.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by CFB
That's perplexing because when I am logged in, clicking that forum link you see brings me to the forum. When I am not logged in, clicking it just refreshes the home page. Unless I have somehow created two forum links and they change depending on the logged in / not logged in status, I'm not sure what is happening.

I missed your earlier edit. I upgraded from Joomla 1.5.2 and I think a Kunena 1.0 build, but I could be wrong on that Kunena version.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
I don't know. Only you know how you have defined your main menu and that's why I was asking you questions about it.

I also think that you haven't setup Joomla SEO on your website and that also could be making mincemeat of your menus. You might like to read the guide Search Engine Optimization (SEO) .

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #9 by CFB
I uninstalled and reinstalled Kunena to try to start anew. The installed Forum page on the Main Menu bar, when clicked, links to an "Object not Found" page.

I'm completely stumped.

The "Object not Found" error has been corrected by switching the Apache Mod Rewrite under Global Configuration back to NO. Setting it to yes caused every page outside of the home page to report as "Object not Found."

However, ever after the uninstall / reinstall of the Kunena component, I am still being faced with the same problem of the Forum button in the menu simply refreshing the home page until I log in.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by CFB.

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by sozzled
How about you do something really radical? Delete every "forum" menu item that you have - every single one of them - put them in the menu trash and permanently delete the menu trash.

Then, after you have done this, use the Create Menu feature in the Kunena control panel and tell us if this solved your problem?

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds