Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How to create a line break between Username, Password, and Remember Me on login form.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #1 by indiegrind
Hello, I am trying to have each field on the login box that appears at the top of a kunena forum to appear on a separate line. What file would i need to edit to achieve this. I am trying to accommodate a 300x250 ad space in the profilebox position and this would make things look cleaner for me.

Username [name box]
Password: [password box]
Remember Me [checkbox] [login]

Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by indiegrind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by indiegrind
Thought this was posted in the kunena 1.6 questions forum. Was it moved? Please help!

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #3 by indiegrind
This is an example of what I mean. It looks sloppy. I just want to be able to insert line breaks. So that
line 1 = Username
line 2 = Password
line 3 = Remember Me

Attachments:

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Probably the easiest thing to do is to put a break tag <br /> in the translation of the "password" and "remember me" strings (see Where is the language file? )

Try something like this:

COM_KUNENA_PASS="<br />Password:"
COM_KUNENA_PROFILEBOX_REMEMBER_ME="<br />Remember Me"
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #5 by indiegrind
Thank you sozzled. I was having my site moved to a new server so I wasnt able to respond earlier. I will give it a try and see if it works.

Here is my configuration report if you still needed it.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : blackstudios_white | author: Tomasz Herudzinski - 7Studio.eu | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 20 September, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13 | Jomsocial 2.2.2 | UddeIm 2.3

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 2.2.4.955

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2 | Kunena Search 1.6.4

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by indiegrind
Hello again. I am not finding the language file in the folder
../components/com_kunena/template/default/language/

There is only an index.html

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
The file that you want to edit is ../language/en-GB/en-GB.com_kunena.ini (that's the file I looked at from my perspective and it's probably the one you want to use in your case).

Your K 1.6 configuration report looks OK (except that you might encounter a few issues caused by what appear to be unnecessary menu items). Please upgrade Kunena Latest to the current version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: indiegrind

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #8 by indiegrind
Thank you for your help, that worked perfectly! :)

I will upgrade as suggested.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds