Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [Merged topic] XAMPP-related "Strict Standards" errors

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by StNick0912
For example :
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\administrator\components\com_kunena\admin.kunena.php on line 32

Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\administrator\components\com_kunena\libraries\factory.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\components\com_kunena\class.kunena.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\components\com_kunena\class.kunena.php on line 29

Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\administrator\components\com_kunena\libraries\factory.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\components\com_kunena\class.kunena.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\components\com_kunena\class.kunena.php on line 32

Strict Standards: Non-static method KunenaError::checkDatabaseError() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\components\com_kunena\class.kunena.php on line 54

Strict Standards: Non-static method html_Kunena::showFbHeader() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\math\administrator\components\com_kunena\admin.kunena.php on line 90

That is about 1/5 of what I'm seeing, and it is everywhere there is a call to the forum, even in the admin menus for the forum. As you can see I am running from xampp on a local machine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by nima.abbc
did you check your joomla or kunena version?
because i just installed installed joomla 1.6 and kunena 1.6.4 and there was no error!

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by nima.abbc
i just did some search:
its a common issue in joomla 1.6 and there is a topic in joomla forum to solve it:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2493923
of course i didnt try it since i didnt have same problem!!

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

What Kunena version are-you using ?

k1.6 works well under php 5.3+

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by Matias
Yes, most of the code was written by using PHP <5.3, which still allowed static calls without marking functions as static and so on. We are slowly (in 2.0) getting rid of these notices, but there's no plan to fix all of them until Joomla changes it's API to work in the strict mode.

BTW: those are actually not errors of any kind, they are just a bad way to write code in PHP 5.3 (legacy from PHP4).

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #6 by Alemantico
Hi, dear KUNENA - supporters. Just today I tried to install your newest KUNENA - Release (1.7.2). I'm running joomla! Ver 2.5.3 on my localhost (xampp. Just started using Joomla! 3 days ago.)When installing your newest version, I instantly received the following error message below (I added the complete config - setting error message as an attachment):

Strict Standards: Declaration of KunenaControllerInstall::display() should be compatible with that of JController::display() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla! 2.5\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\controller.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KunenaModelInstall::getError() should be compatible with that of JObject::getError() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla! 2.5\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\model.php on line 1797

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla! 2.5\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\view.php on line 43

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla! 2.5\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\view.php on line 45

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla! 2.5\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\view.php on line 46

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla! 2.5\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\view.php on line 49

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla! 2.5\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\view.php on line 54
Attachments:

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
G'day, Alemantico, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) . The error messages are caused by the way you have configured your webserver. We do not provide support for people who want to use XAMPP; that's something you need to ask at the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ).

If you want to fix your problem, try installing Joomla and Kunena on an internet-accessible site on the same hosted platform where you will eventually be running your live environment. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lilmoon

More
12 years 5 days ago #8 by lilmoon
Replied by lilmoon on topic Error on Install
Have JOOMLA installed. Kunena is my first and only extension so far. On the Kunena control I see all this (and more). How can I uninstall and attempt to reinstall?

Strict Standards: Non-static method KunenaError::initialize() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\administrator\components\com_kunena\admin.kunena.php on line 42

Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\administrator\components\com_kunena\libraries\factory.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\administrator\components\com_kunena\admin.kunena.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\administrator\components\com_kunena\libraries\factory.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\components\com_kunena\class.kunena.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\components\com_kunena\class.kunena.php on line 29

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds