Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question redirect to Index of /forum

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by BWes
Welcome Mat and suggestion Box
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by BWes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
K 1.6.2 is not supported (has not been supported since the end of January this year) and so you should upgrade to K 1.6.4. Please read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page. Although you have given us a lot of information, there's no better information than your K 1.6 configuration report. This information helps you and us to help you better and help you quicker.

Your problem is actually more of a Joomla menu issue than anything else. It's fairly easily solved by removing all your existing menu items and using the Create Menu facility on the Kunena contol panel.

Your other problems, seem to stem from the way that you are trying to use SEF URLs. I suggest that you read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki to get your Joomla site in shape. :)

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #3 by BWes
Please let me know if i have missed or over looked something from your last post

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
I visited your website ( www.nsynera.com ) and, I'm sorry, but I can't find Kunena there. You have a menu link to a "forum" but the link does not resolve. What is the URL of your Kunena forum, please.

BWes wrote:

I have the following SEO values
* Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
* Use Apache mod_rewrite: Yes
* Add suffix to URLs: No.

Yes, that's what everyone says. Setting up SEO is not as simple as making sure that two radio buttons are selected in the Joomla Global Configuration. Setting up SEO in Joomla also requires another important other step, too: making sure that you have a working .htaccess file in the root folder of your site.

A lot of people tell us that they have a working .htaccess file in the root directory of their site. Quite often time they are mistaken. The standard .htaccess file for Joomla-built websites (it's shipped with Joomla as htaccess.txt) for J! 1.5.22 is exactly 2773 bytes. How large is your .htaccess file?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #5 by BWes
- Online Forum

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6 by BWes

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled

BWes wrote: My .htaccess file is 3.13k

Then you are either using something other than the "standard" Joomla-supplied .htaccess file or you have customised it in some way by adding extra .htaccess directives. I don't "speak" .htaccess-language. I wouldn't know how. I just use the standard Joomla .htaccess and SEO works fine for me (and works fine for the majority of Joomla websites built on Unix). If you need something different then that's OK but that's something you have obviously thought about, researched and implemented because the standard Joomla .htaccess file may not fit your specific requirements.

My suggestion is to try the standard .htaccess file and see if it solves your problems of redirection. Another way to fix your problems is to make use of cPanel (or whatever tools your webhost provided you) to transform your site into a sub-domain and you will probably find that the standard .htaccess file will work for you.

For instance, let's say your forum is located at mysite.com/site-folder/forum. If you transform your site into site-folder.mysite.com then your forum would be located at site-folder.mysite.com/forum (assuming you are using a standard, the standard Joomla SEO technique). That's what I would do in your situation. Does this help?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #8 by BWes
tt

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds