Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Backup Kunena

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by PrestonP
Backup Kunena was created by PrestonP
I am working on a Joomla/Kunena site for the first time. I have plenty of experience with Nuke sites. My problem is that both Joomla and Kunena are really old versions on my customers site and I plan to upgrade them all to the latest. I am not sure if the site is split up somehow or really what is going on but after taking a site backup I cannot log onto the forums on the backup. The backup seems to house the main Joomla site but where do I find the Kunena forums on the backup?

For example the forums seem to be located here:
www.millergraphicsonline.com/atv/atv.html
But the backup will not go there and I cannot find any html files on the server:
www.millergraphicsonline.com/sitebackup/atv

Are the forums located elsewhere?
I will not continue any updates until I have all backups accounted for!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Backup Kunena
G'day, PrestonP, and welcome to Kunena.

This problem that you are having with the "backup" site is not a Kunena problem.

For example, The "ice house" link on the main site www.millergraphicsonline.com/atv/the-ice-house.html works but it has the same symptom on the "backup" site as your "Kunena" problem. So does "The Bunk House" link and "Little Sahara Pizza and Wings".

What, exactly, have you "backed up" in the backup site? How was this "backup site" created in the first place?

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by PrestonP
Replied by PrestonP on topic Backup Kunena
I simply copied the whole root of their website and duplicated it onto a new root folder named sitebackup. It sounds as if the Joomla site and Kunena are on two separate servers somehow. Like I said, I searched the whole backup for any .html files to find for instance "the-ice-house.html" and found nothing.

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
A better way to backup your website is to use a component like Akeeba Backup.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by PrestonP
Replied by PrestonP on topic Backup Kunena
I will try that but the server is running PHP4, I can activate PHP5 for akeeba but it will change the server defaults to php5. Does Joomla and Kunena need PHP4? I would reckon PHP5 didn't exist back when Joomla 1.5.14 and Kunena 1.5.4 were made.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled

PrestonP wrote: Does Joomla and Kunena need PHP4?

See K 1.6 Technical Requirements .

More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by Tiedgen
Replied by Tiedgen on topic Backup Kunena
Hi Kunena,

How do i backup kunena v. 1.7.2. ?
I want to be able to to restore kunena, if a update to v. 2.0.2 fails.

Regards
Tiedgen

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
G'day, Tiedgen, and welcome to Kunena.

The easiest way to backup your website is to use Akeeba Backup.

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds