Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Idea Can I assign a Kunena template to a Joomla template?

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by lostmail
I have several Joomla Templates isntalled and a Template Switcher in Frontend.

I´d like to assign a corresponding kunena template to each joomla template so that the assigned kunena template will also be loaded dpending what Joomla-Template is activated.

Any idea ?

Currently it seems that it is only possible to choose a default kunena Template but I can not assign a kunena template to a specific Joomla-Template.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by lostmail
It would be nice if admin could assign kunena template to specific joomla template(s) in backend (not to change by users !).

So it would be possible to create a mobile kunena template and assign it to joomla mobile template(s)

Currently it is only possible the set a default kunena template which is independent from the choosen Joomla template.... ;)

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
This is the question that you need to ask at the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ):

Is it possible to assign different templates to a Joomla extension (e.g. a component or a module) depending on the Joomla site template in use at the time when the page is loaded?

If you can find the answer to that question then you've found the answer to the question you are asking here.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by lostmail
No - I don`t think. that it is a Joomla matter.

joomla is the leading system.
Kunena is an extension.

Joomla itself can not know which, if or where the templates of extensions are driven.

So it`s a thing of the extensions which offer templates (or not) in different ways to connect to joomla templates - not otherwise.

Will the mountain come to the prophet ? No.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
The mountain came first. You've got to go to Joomla.

I don't know if it's possible to assign different component templates depending on which Joomla template you have in play at the current time. It's possible for a component to load a different templates depending on, say, whether you are viewing the site from a desktop computer or from a smart phone, assuming the component has the "smarts" built into it. But that's not the question you asked. You asked if Kunena - a component - can load a different Kunena component template based on whatever Joomla template was in play at the time.

I don't know if it's possible whether you can load different templates for components (assuming the component allows different templates to be selected on-the-fly) just because you are using one Joomla template as opposed to another one.

I repeat my earlier advice to you. Are you aware if Joomla supports the feasibility of your idea? That's really the question you need to know the answer to. If it's possible for the selection of a site template to manipulate a component so that the component loads a different component template - if this is possible for any Joomla component - then it's possible for Kunena. How you do it for Kunena ... that's a different question.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6 by lostmail
Hm - at last I have the following problem:

Installed mobile joomla which has different templates depending user agent.

So in deed i have some different joomla templates - mobilejoomla makes the switches automatic.

Current situation:
PC-Browsing => Default Joomla Template + Kunena Default Template
Mobile Browsing => Mobile Joomla Template + Kunena Default Template

Or let`s say I have 10 different Joomla templates which can be switched by users or automatic - I must now have the option to assign to each joomla template a corresponding kunena template.
If the Templates of Joomla have differnt colours => Kunena has always the same colout because I can not connect Kunena Template to Joomla Template.

Joomla has the option to assign templates to Menu-Links to change Joomla-Template - but that dosen`t change any template of additional extensions (kunena) because the components have their own template engine; but Joomla is the leading system - so extensions (kunena) should have the option to assign their templates to Joomla and not Joomla to the extension (Joomla can not know in which way extensions are coded - but a coder knows how joomla templates work.

You asked if Kunena - a component - can load a different Kunena component template based on whatever Joomla template was in play at the time.

YES - THAT`s it.
It dosen`t make sense if I (user) can change the frontend template and Kunena does not change.

Joomla blue template => Kunena blue
Joomla red templte => Kunena blue
Joomla black template => Kunena blue
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by lostmail.

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled

lostmail wrote: It dosen`t make sense if I (user) can change the frontend template and Kunena does not change.

Joomla blue template => Kunena blue
Joomla red templte => Kunena blue
Joomla black template => Kunena blue

The "unchanging component template issue" makes some sense to me because, as I have been trying to say all along, I don't know if it is possible to change Kunena this way. Do you know if it is possible ... for Kunena or for any other Joomla extension? :dry:

Is this a Kunena limitation (which the Kunena project team may be able to investigate) or is this a limitation, generally, of all Joomla extensions?

Let me put this proposition to you, lostmail. As far as I know, this situation has not arisen before in Kunena and there is no current solution for it. How much is is worth to you to have a solution built for you? I believe anything is possible but everything has a cost, too.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #8 by lostmail
In deed - most Extensions don`t have that feature, too - but I think ther must be a beginning ;-)

Kunena (and other extensions) don´t have that feature - but that`s why I´m posting here - I myself don`t know how to hack that. perhaps someone has the possibility to to that or knows how that can be solved.

A special Hack is not a good solution as far away from defaults and updates...after updating of joomla/extension that hack would be away..and the time/money, too.

So I still hope that someone has a solution for that .....some days...to make Joomla (and the extensions) a realy working mobile (or whatever) System.

At last a user has created a frontend module which makes it possible to change the kunena template for users is they want.
=> Something like that for the admin-backend with a connect to Joomla Template - and it would be done..
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by lostmail.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #9 by rich
Go in "Backend > Kunena > Kunena Control Panel > Template Manager > Blue Eagle (default)" and set "Blend with Joomla Template | Yes". Maybe that's an acceptable variant for you?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rich.

More
12 years 11 months ago #10 by lostmail
YEY,YEY,YES....probably to choose more than one Joomla Template (Listing with all available Joomla Templates and than chosse it with a checkbox or a multi dropdown list.

That would it be...

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds