Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Profile Edit Button, Username Link, Goes Nowhere

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #1 by JayShoe
Hello,

I just finished the upgrade process from phpbb3 to kunena. I must say it went rather smoothly after ensuring all of my system was running the most recent editions (joomla, sh404sef in particular was a culprit).

Now I have it working well enough. But when I go to edit my profile (to add an avatar), it goes back to my home page. I'm assuming that it's doing this because it probably can't find the page it's looking for and then just goes home.

To self-prescribe, I would say it may have something to do with my template (Alledia Bolt) because I've read on this site that some things must be present in order to work correctly. But I wanted to ask you all to see if you had any other ideas as to why the edit profile link isn't working.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : JJTemplate1.2.0 | author: jukeboxjockey.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: January2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Installed (Version : 2.2.4.955) | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Thank you,
Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
First of all, please do something now about legacy mode! Please read the very important information about using J! 1.5 legacy mode and remove your dependence on this "feature" (and I'm being kind when I use that word) of Joomla.

The biggest single cause of links going "nowhere" (or going to the wrong places) almost always come down to SEO. You have not implemented Joomla SEO properly. Please follow carefully the guide Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) . I don't have any comment to make about sh404SEF except to say that, if you have problems with navigating around your site (or around your forum) then consider that sh404SEF may be responsible. Before anyone blames sh404SEF, make sure that you've got Joomla SEO working properly first!

Your questions are not, technically, Kunena issues but are Joomla issues.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #3 by JayShoe
Hello sozzled,

OK, well that information was helpful. I never really knew what the settings should be for the SEO stuff in Joomla. But I will tell you that I believe that SH404sef is extremely beneficial to my site (as well as any site I've ever made). So I'm very much disinterested in disabling that plugin.

That being said, I made the changes that I needed to make (SEO changes, disable legacy plugin) and I purged my URLS (with SH404SEF) and I am experiencing the same issue with my profile link going directly to the home page.

Any ideas?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Yes, I have plenty of ideas. I suggest that you use standard Joomla SEO, implemented according to the recommednations in the guide in the Wiki. If this does not work, then I suggest you disable sh404SEF, even as a test. The question for you to answer is which is more important: would you prefer to retain sh404SEF because it's "beneficial" (in ways that only you can quantify) or would you rather have a properly functioning web-based discussion forum? The choice is really up to you.

I am not saying that sh404SEF is responsible for your problem. I'm merely suggesting that it's something you need to eliminate as a possibility.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by JayShoe
I checked disabling SH404sef and the kunena component shows a red screen of death. Any idea what to try next?

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
Can you show your K 1.6 configuration report please? It's been over a month. Have you implemented the recommendations that we asked you to make?

What is this "red screen of death"? A picture would help.

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by JayShoe
When I say the "red screen of death". What I'm talking about is the "404 - Component Not Found". It's trying to load up jukeboxjockey.com/forum but if I go directly to www.jukeboxjockey.com/index.php?Itemid=142 it does in fact load up the forum. Only issue is that all of the links inside of the forum go back to the "404 - Component Not Found" (red screen of death) page.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : JJTemplate1.3.0 | author: jukeboxjockey.com | version: 1.3.0 | creationdate: April2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Installed (Version : 2.2.5.964) | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #8 by thetoast
have you tried upgrading to kunena 1.6.4.

But i bet your problem comes from the sh404sef: Installed (Version : 2.2.5.964)

You could just use the normal Joomla SEO

</ Offtopic/>
Just finished my update and everything went smooth as butter! B)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by thetoast.

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by JayShoe
I just cleared the Menu Trash and the Article Trash. I then deleted (and cleared) the forum link. Then created a new forum link using the Kunena component link to the "entry page". Turned of Sh404sef and still got the 404 error. How do I clear the website cache?

More
12 years 11 months ago #10 by thetoast
Joomla back end under tools

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds