Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How can i display my forum within a Joomla category description

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by James-FMK
Im looking for a way to display my forums and individual forum categories within Joomla 1.6. category descriptions.

something like a {loadposition forumID=1} or {loadposition forum:0}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I don't exactly understand what you want achieve ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by James-FMK
i would like to be able to display my kunena forum after the category description text rather than on its own.

normally you would create a menu link to the component and the forum shows on its own page, but i only want to display my forum under the category description text. it would be nice if i could choose the section as well, but i would be happy to just get the forum to display.

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
:S I am sorry, I cannot understand the question you are asking. It seems to be a Joomla question but I have no clear idea what is the specific need that is seems so different in this case.

Could you please post a picture of what you have and how you would like to change it and maybe then we might be able to offer you one or two suggestions. Thank you.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by James-FMK
you would be right about it being a Joomla question, however Joomla works for its own modules :- docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F and this docs.joomla.org/Screen.plugins.edit.15#Content_-_Load_Module

however Kunena doesn't have a plugin in for this. so my question i guess would be :-

is there a way that allows me to modularize a forum or category within the forum. so i can use the module id to load it using the loadposition tags.

i've reviews a few plugins and the discussion bot is the closes, only i would rather display the actual forum as is rather than the output of the bot.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Kunena is a component; Kunena is not a module.

You could design and build your own module, if you want, and load the result of the module within a Joomla article. That would work. But trying to load a Kunena module to display. inside a Joomla article, what you want to display sort of defeats the purposes of Joomla articles and Kunena. I don't see what purpose it serves. You don't need to convince me of the purpose; it's your site and you're entitle to run it anyway that you like. I'm only pointing out the technical difficulties involved in achieving the result that you're after.

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by James-FMK
Thats cool im happy to get feedback, but the main goal is to render the forum with Joomla category text above it and the forum below the text, i understand what your saying, and i figured it would have to be a custom module however i was unsure if anything was available. the category its self just explains the functionality of the forum below and may include in future joomla articles below, but for now would just be some text and a forum index in essence.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds