Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Idea Logging in as different user

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by Moomie
Hi

I've had this happening with three profiles. Users log in and are then logged in as another user. With all three these profiles, I had to block the profile and the user had to re-register. Which is bad for them, as they then lose their status.

We have tried upgrading the security etc. Changing passwords etc. Nothing works.

Any idea why this happens and what I can do to prevent it from happening again?

Ps. I use Kunena 1.5.22
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Moomie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
It sounds like a corruption of your Joomla and/or Kunena user tables - somewhere in your database. I don't remember having seen this kind of problem reported here before.

My recommendation: analyse and repair any database structural issues detected. Try re-synchronising your Kunena users with Joomla. Possibly need to consider restoring your website from a previously good backup.

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by Moomie
Thanks for your quick response! I know very little of web design but am learning a lot by owning a website! I'll tell my web guru guy.

Just something I'm worried about-won't the site lose a lot of posts and content if I use an older, reliable back-up? Is there a way to restore it by keeping all the content on the site as is?

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

Moomie wrote: Won't the site lose a lot of posts and content if I use an older, reliable back-up? Is there a way to restore it by keeping all the content on the site as is?

The short answer is: the currency of the content is dependent on the frequency of the backup. In other words, the more frequently you backup, the more up-to-date is your information. I know people who backup their websites twice a day.

Recovering from a backup is the "last gasp" solution: it's the solution when everything else fails. I hope that you don't need to use it. It's a good insurance policy; one that you hope you don't have to "cash-in". Good luck.

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds