Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Email module/plug-in to send emails from one user to another

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by camshaft
Running Kunena 1.6 with Joomla 1.5

I have searched joomla, kunena forums and the internet and can't seem to find this function.
Possibly I don't have the correct terminology to find it.

I'm used to a phpbb style system where the user profiles have a email contact option. Where it sends a email from the forum to the user anonymous. So if the user contacted doesn't reply his email is never revealed.
So with this option the users email address never has to be displayed.

I guess email cloaking could be used but then it displays the email address. Which with the system above the users has the option not to reply. And then his email is never exposed
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by camshaft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2 by GoremanX
You mean Private Messages. Try uddeIM, it integrates nicely with Kunena and Community Builder. Simple but very effective. And it works Joomla-wide, not just from Kunena.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by GoremanX.

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by camshaft
Thanks Goremanx

Its not private messages but basically a way to keep a users email address secret.

Maybe I will look it up on phpbb to see what they call it. Or even a example to post in this thread.

Basically Kunena or Joomla would send a email to the recipient with the details. In that message it would have the senders email from Kunena or Joomla. If recipient wanted to reply he could do so but it would reveal his email. Or ignore the message and his email address would never be made public.

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by GoremanX
oh that! That would probably be something you'd be more likely to find for Community Builder or JomSocial (or whatever other community suite you choose to use).

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by camshaft
Thanks Goremanx

I found Community Builder as it had extended user profiles. Then noticed it has user messages but not sure if thats just private messaging.

Read some comments that CB was difficult to set up because it has so many options. But I will give it a spin.

thanks again...

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds