Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question [Merged Topic] Do Google spiders index pages when your forum doesn't allow access to guests?

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by WebbR
Hi everybody, I have a Kunena Forum running with two categories. One is open to read for the public.
The other is just readable for special registered members.
Will Google or any other search engine be able to index this content???

GreetZ & THX Frank
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
The answer to your question "Will Google do something" depends on Google ... I would imagine. The answer also depends on whether you allow Google (or any other search engine) access to your website. In general terms, Kunena forum content is indexed and searchable by Google .

For example: www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sugexp=nspc&xhr...&fp=eaec104a31ca7666

There's your answer! :)
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WebbR

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by WebbR
Hey Sozzled, thank you for the answer, but maybe you misunderstood the question.
I know that Google is able to index the accessible forums content. My question was focussing on the category that is NOT accessible to the public (only accessible for Administrator or Moderator).

I would expect and suppose that those contents are not accessible for Google but I wanted to be sure.

I saw forums where Google and other Bots have an extra staus like an registred user. Is there such a "feature" in Kunena?

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Google and other 'bots have the same "status" as a guest - I would imagine. Have you seen examples where restricted Kunena forum content was indexed? I haven't.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by WebbR
Ok that sounds good and is what I hoped and also supposed.
I'm absolutly new to Kunena and so I don't have any own experience.
Thats why I wanted have some expertise ;)
Thanks a lot for your answer!

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #6 by Newkun
I just wonder if i set "Registered Users Only" option as "Yes" on Security Tab on Kunena configuration,Can google spiders index those pages which don't allow to guests after the that setting?

I don't want to allow access guests in my forum.But i want to google spiders too? How does it work? Can anyone enlighten me about this subject...

thanks in advance
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Newkun.

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by Newkun
Sorry sozzled for opening new topic.I had missed this one.So google spiders can't access there...but i had seen in some forums the feature which can access google spiders to visit its content if even the content doesn't open for guests...But thank you i got the message..kunena doesn't work like that...

Thank you again...i hope i understand correctly,you know situation of my english :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by TheTub
Yep - I need this.

My forum is accessible by members only for read access but I would like to allow Googlebot and all the other spiders to access and index forum content.

Is this going to require a hack or is there a way of allow this in 1.6.5?

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds