Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question forum admin user

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by bmpc
forum admin user was created by bmpc
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thank for this great extension. Installed it today and it has been working great from the start.

My question is related to the admin user name displayed in the forums. I see that my forum administrator name is the same as the super administrator of my Joomla! website. I'd like to change that for security reasons and assign a separate admin user just to manage the forum .This way backend login would need both username and password (as it is now, for an unauthorized user who knows how this extension works they'd need just the password for back end login because the super administrator name is published in the forums).

I had some problems with forum width because it didn't take the whole space. Been through a couple of different threads and not sure where to post it. It's a fix (sort of) that might help someone, so maybe this could be copied to a more proper place (sorry about that). I have a 3-column template and initially the forum was taking 2nd and 3rd column, and there wasn't anything visible on the left in the first column (I disabled main menu etc., so it should display across the whole width). In my case it was JoomlaStats Activation module that was published in the left column, but this module is not visible. After removing Kunena in this module Menu Assignment option, forum displays through all three columns. Hope I'm not reinventing the wheel here, but if someone has a similar issue (Kunena doesn't fill the whole website space) it might help to carefully review all the published modules assigned to the left column (so you won't need to go through CSS alterations or other changes in code and eventually have to restore the whole website from backup, just as I did :sick: ).
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by bmpc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: forum admin user
Thank you for your observations and questions.

As far as your main question is concerned, the issue about using a super administrator account when you participate in your forum, I think a lot of people would be grateful if other users would like to share their views on that subject.

Thank you for posting your discoveries about your template design issues. They are off-topic to this discussion (and no-one will see them if they are only browsing the topic subject) and it would have been better if you'd posted this as a separate topic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds