Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Paragraph breaks not working

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by johnmasterlee
I just made a new post to a site I'm working on.

174.133.191.19/~thekarte/forum/152805-si...fixes.html#478720083

All the paragraph breaks seem to have gone missing and as a result, the text just becomes one big box.

Not sure what happened, but I do believe it was working before.

Initially, I noticed that the BBCODE toolbar was missing. I fixed that by going back to activate the SYSTEM MOTOOLS UPGRADE plug-in. Perhaps another extensions turned it off. The toolbar now works.

But the paragraph breaks still aren't which is confusing me.

Any ideas on where I might look?

I'm on the versions 1.6.2 of Kunena. Just also changed back to the default forum template too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

If you paragraph like in Joomla! editor, this doesn't work under Kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
Yes, this really does not look as though it has anything to do with Kunena. This looks like it might be a copy-and-paste problem ... or possibly a defective keyboard? :unsure:

There are many examples of messages on your forum where paragraphs are properly formatted: 174.133.191.19/~thekarte/forum/141925-al...esharing-thread.html (the very first post is just one example).

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by johnmasterlee
Actually, that's the problem...

It was working before. A lot of the content you see was due to a content migration. But in the past few weeks, I was able to format paragraphs properly. You simply hit the ENTER key and a paragraph break is entered.

What's interesting is that while in EDIT mode, I can see the paragraph breaks. It's only ONCE it is displayed to the public that the formatting is completely lost.

I should note that other BBCODE is working, ie. bold.

No one else is running into the same issue?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
Can we try this for ourselves, please? I am really wondering if the problem is not a defect with your keyboard.

johnmasterlee wrote:

It was working before.

Obvious question: before what?

Can you provide us with a test account? Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by johnmasterlee
Yes, it happens on more than one keyboard! I tried on two computers.

Use this test account:
U: mrtester
P: mrtester09

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
Yes, I see the problem and I think I know what's causing it, too.

You have software that's intercepting and translating carriage-return/linefeeds characters. I can see, from your site, that you're loading 12 Javascript libraries (FYI, Kunena uses 3) and your task is to identify which one of those is stripping out the CR/LF characters before Kunena translates them into a pair of <br /><br /> tags.

What's happening is that this plugin is converting the CR/LF into whitespace. Our web broswers compress all whitespace characters into a single space. So, it's not a defective keyboard and I don't think it's a defect in Kunena, either (because it doesn't happen elsewhere). This suggests that the problem is a conflicting plugin that is hijacking CR/LF characters on your website, or it's possibly a corrupted installation of Kunena or Joomla.

Can I get an answer to my earlier question, please?

johnmasterlee wrote:

It was working before.

Before what?

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by johnmasterlee
What was your earlier question? I don't see what you mean?

I figured it was another software causing it, but since the BBCODE toolbar was working again, I was assuming it may not have been, since others have indicated that would be a combined effect.

Do you know of a way to easily determine which plugin is causing it? And for future reference, how are you looking for this?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
[quote="johnmasterlee" post=81500What was your earlier question? I don't see what you mean?[/quote]You wrote earlier that "it was working before". I asked you, "before what?"

johnmasterlee wrote: Do you know of a way to easily determine which plugin is causing it?

Me personally? No; I'm not that talented. The interference is happening at the backend; therefore you need to be monitoring what's happening at the website.

johnmasterlee wrote: And for future reference, how are you looking for this?

I created a message like this:

This

is

a

test

... and then I submitted the message, looked at the result and then I looked at the page source. Your browser has a "view source" option. I compared what I saw at your site with what we see here, at www.kunena.org . Yes, it pays to have a reliable reference site. www.kunena.org is a fairly reliable reference. :)
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds