Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Important Security bug. Kunena displays my personal email address despite my user name & email changed

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by JambaJamba
Right hello everyone

I'm the owner of my site and the email address for myself is a gmail one. I've disabled the admin account and created a user account for myself.

I told Kunena in the forum configuration in the joomla backend to not show my name and only display my username. My username on my site is JambaJamba.

My email address for JambaJamba is my hotmail address. Even when i change my account email address Kunena still displays the old hotmail email address.

Any help?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, JambaJamba, and welcome to Kunena.

Can you please give us a link to your website where your email address is publicly displayed by Kunena. If you would prefer not to give that information in public, you can post the URL here using the "confidential" tags - only the forum moderators can read information enclosed in the confidential tags - like this:
Code:
[confidential]URL where my email address is publicly displayed[/confidential]

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #3 by JambaJamba
Hi Sozzled.

Many thanks for responding to my problem. I do apologise i forgot to check this forum for replies -hence why i am late. Below is the link to the forum that contains my email address on it. I've used the confidential tags.
This message contains confidential information

If you could have a look for me and get back to me please. Many Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by JambaJamba.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
That's not an email address. That's your username.

For others who would like to know what is the problem here, the user has registered at a Joomla website with the username [email protected]

This topic isn't about changing your email address. This topic is about changing your username. Do you understand the difference?

Change your username with the Joomla User Manager and your problem will disappear.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5 by JambaJamba
Yes but i have attached a screenshot...that shows my username is not my email address. Despite making the change weeks ago, Kunena still displays them. - see attachment
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by JambaJamba.

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
My suggestion is to change all your Kunena configuration settings back to their default values. There is a one-button facility to do that.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by JambaJamba
Hi, I've set all config settings back to default, cleared joomla cache and its the same.. i guess the only option is to copy the content of the new threads and start the new ones that will have my new username

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8 by ccr
ok i had the same issue and realize it is as you said. i was using the 'alpharegistration' module and thought it would be nice to allow people to use their emails as their username to login to the website. i know see the folly of this when i want to use kunena also so i disabled it.

my problem is that there are currently posts that people made while using the email as a username and even though the usernames are all changed now in joomla user manager it still shows the old email as the username for that post. how can i remove this or edit the posts 'username'?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #9 by Matias
In the backend there is "Sync users" feature. It has an option to update all the names from the messages -- as long as the users still exists.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds