Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Show only Kunena output with selected template

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by fcognito
Hi,

I have installed Kunena(1.5.9) on joomla (1.5.20) and everything works fine except a little "detail". The forum displays as any component in my content block, and since my content block is relatively small the forum looks like crap. Is there a way to output only what kunena generates and not the whole site like in the screenshot? I have tried adding &tmpl=filter in my kunena URL so it looks like this: option=com_kunena&ItemId=71&tmpl=filter, and it works but does not apply the kunena template it is all white with almost no graphics loaded, and this works only for this link all other links that kunena generates work the old way loading the entire page EVERY time and stuffing the forum in the small content area.

I have attached a screenshot to better clearify.

The obvious solution is to design the site to fit the forum better, but that would be in my timeframe impossible and besides that would mean that you must design your site to fit the forum and to fit your or your customers needs, and that is just not acceptable.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Aside from the fact that K 1.5.9 is not supported any more - K 1.5.9 is a very old version that was released nearly 12 months ago - this is not a Kunena problem. This is a Joomla design issue.

As you may be aware, you can assign different templates to menu items. This assignment is achieved with the Joomla Template Manager. Please look at the help.joomla.org website for information about how to use Template Manager.

For your own sake, we recommend that you upgrade to K 1.6.2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds