Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Add a "required field" for Registration

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by miro74
Hey Guys

I am running Kunena 1.6.1 on Joomla 1.5.22

I am looking for a possibility to add a REQUIRED FIELD for the registration !

Standard now is that a new user has to fill out NAME, USERNAME, PASSWORD, Email (+Confirmation)
I like to add the "CITY" also ?

Is that possible in any way ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Kunena does not perform user registration. You can use other Joomla extensions to require key fields of information at user registration time.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by miro74
So than I have another question, please

I have nothing else installed than KUNENA on my JOOMLA Package.

So you say these required fields come from JOOMLA and I can change them somewhere ???

Do you know where to to that ? :(

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
I am saying that Kunena does not handle user registration. Kunena has never handled user registration. User registration is performed by Joomla. You can use other Joomla extensions to do other things with user registration. Kunena uses whatever you've installed that handles user registration. Kunena doesn't do anything "extra" as far as site registration is concerned. Site registration is outside Kunena.

The Joomla Extensions Directory has categories of Joomla extensions that deal with user registration. Some of these extensions give you the means to "require" additional information during registration. It's your choice, or not, to use those things.

If you only want to use Joomla for site registration, I have seen that it's possible to change the process. Changing that process is not part of the Kunena project. You need to ask those kinds of questions at the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org )
The following user(s) said Thank You: miro74

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds