Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question "404 Component not found" (2nd time this month)

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by susanjvv
Can the Kunena component just vanish from the directory? Our hosting co checked it out and nobody hacked the server. BTW the site is hosted on a dedicated server. Check out the following screen dumps

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2 by susanjvv
all other components are still available

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by susanjvv
My joomla template not even loading

Attachment joomlatemp.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
It looks to me that someone has uninistalled Kunena from your website. That's what the evidence shows.

With or without menus (or SEO, for that matter) this link should work (if you have Kunena installed): extremeangler.co.za/index.php?option=com_kunena

The link doesn't work. You don't have Kunena installed.

EDIT: The other matter - the Joomla template not loading - is nothing to do with Kunena and I don't have any comment to make on that problem.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by susanjvv
This really puzzles me as this has happened twice this month and we had to load the Backups to get the site up and running again. Hosting co. confirmed that nobody hacked the server...

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I can't help you look for the "smoking gun". Someone has uninstalled Kunena, that's all that I can tell you (from the evidence that you supplied). How that happened is anyone's guess.

Here's what I would do: review the roles of everyone who has site administrator access; change the passwords of all those who are site administrators; implement some site activity analysis to see who is accessing your backend.

This is not a Kunena problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: susanjvv

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds