Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question User registration and forum rules

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by Positive78
Hi all,

How can I set up a user authorisation instead of automatic accept of the users? Like; user registers but I as an admin activate the user?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

If i understand right, you want that the new registred user shouldn't be activated by default ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by Positive78

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by xillibit
So, you have to configure it in Joomla! configuration panel, you have an option for it.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
As you may know, Kunena is not responsible for user registration or authorisation. These are Joomla matters.

As a general comment, standard Joomla allows you two choices:

(1) Everyone can register: the registration/authorisation process is automatic.

(2) No-one can register: the site administrator has to perform the registration process manually.

You can install a third-party registration procedure so that users can apply for membership and the site administrator has to approve the membership application. There are Joomla extensions that provide these features.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Positive78

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by Positive78
Thank you. Where can I find the 3rd party registration projedure?

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by Positive78

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by joeK
Do you know where I can find a 3rd party extension that will not allow anyone to register a new user with the exception of the administrator? Thanks in advance

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled

joeK wrote: Do you know where I can find a 3rd party extension that will not allow anyone to register a new user with the exception of the administrator? Thanks in advance

Look in extensions.joomla.org

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds